Forum Home » House Buying, Renting & Selling

Conveyancer/solicitor for land purchase

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Conveyancer/solicitor for land purchase

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
2 replies 204 views
tabathtabath Forumite
471 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
Hi

I'm looking at buying a small plot of land with a prefab garage on it next to my house. It is up for auction. Will I need a solicitor or conveyancer? I will be paying cash for the purchase with no mortgage. The land has no legal pack and is freehold.

Also any idea how much this will cost?
Starting MB- looking for Raf offers.

Amazon Club Sellers member 0015 come and join us make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the Ebay and other auctions, Car Boot and Jumble Sales Board

Replies

• edited 17 May 2019 at 9:21PM
    G_MG_M PPR Forumite
    52K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 May 2019 at 9:21PM
    Well depending how much you are planning to bid/pay, you might just wing it without - have you at least obtained the Land registry Title and read that?

But if there's real money involved, then you need someone to check the deeds/title before you bid.

Cost? Get some quotes locally. But apart from the actual solicitor's fees it willdepend how far you investigate, how many/which searches etc. Your solicior will help you decide what's essential and what the risks of skipping some searches would be.
    ** If I include a blue link in my post, click and read it before posting a follow-up question. The answer may be in the link! **
  • babyblade41babyblade41 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    First point of call is LR , 3.00 will download the deeds which will give you good indications.. I would never buy anything be it land or property without my solicitor checking first