Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Buster Danog
    • By Buster Danog 15th May 19, 12:17 PM
    • 388Posts
    • 63Thanks
    Buster Danog
    Plusnet and 75 cheque / Mastercard
    • 15th May 19, 12:17 PM
    Plusnet and 75 cheque / Mastercard 15th May 19 at 12:17 PM
    I signed up to Plusnet on 12th April through Moneysavngexpert when it was still showing up as a 75 Mastercard. However I don't recall seeing any information from Plusnet to say they were involved in this promotion or that they would be sending anything to me.

Is this common to this promotion or has something gone wrong? It is now over 30 days since I placed the order by clicking through the MSE site.
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 15th May 19, 1:36 PM
    • 12,332 Posts
    • 5,556 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 15th May 19, 1:36 PM
    • 15th May 19, 1:36 PM
    Who was giving the kickback ??What did it say on the advert ??
    Different offers on todays PN deals.

Including .
    <Important! Annoyingly Plusnet makes you claim your prepaid Mastercard. You'll get an email within 10 days of activation explaining how, and you must do it within two months. It should then arrive within 30 days.>
    • luvchocolate
    • By luvchocolate 15th May 19, 5:17 PM
    • 1,797 Posts
    • 1,651 Thanks
    luvchocolate
    • 15th May 19, 5:17 PM
    • 15th May 19, 5:17 PM
    I got an email to claim mine did this then received email from company I think called Pure who were dealing with this ....received gift card in a couple of weeks ...no problem
    • hellosweeties
    • By hellosweeties 16th May 19, 1:12 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hellosweeties
    • 16th May 19, 1:12 PM
    • 16th May 19, 1:12 PM
    Hello I would be interested to hear the answer to the original problem the OP posted.

I applied via MSE Broadband unbundled broadband comparison tool at the beginning of April. The cashback was to be received via 50 preloaded Mastercard. I have yet to receive a single email regarding the cashback method at all. I have rang and emailed Plusnet directly and they state that the cashback deal is 'affiliate cashback sites' (ie MSE) and I need to take it up with you.

I'm not sure where to turn or who to call next regarding the issue. The broadband went live with Plusnet on 16th April. Can anybody point me in the right direction with this issue?
    • happychappy74
    • By happychappy74 16th May 19, 3:44 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    happychappy74
    • 16th May 19, 3:44 PM
    • 16th May 19, 3:44 PM
    Hi there.

I also saw the 75 pre-paid MasterCard deal with Plusnet and signed up to it.

I took out the Unlimited Broadband deal, which Plusnet activated on 30/04/19.

I had loads of emails from Plusnet but none that addressed the 75 card so I initially chased it up on 03/05/19 via their we chat. Since then I have chased it up and today was told that it is down to MSE to sort out as an affiliate site.

After 6 weeks of wasted time I have used the MSE link for them to chase it up.

Plusnet were quick enough to take the money but seem to want to wash their hands of anything offered to the customer.

I see that I am not the only one who has encountered this approach, so fingers crossed that MSE can sort it out one way or another.

• Chino
    • By Chino 17th May 19, 1:00 PM
    • 882 Posts
    • 562 Thanks
    Chino
    • 17th May 19, 1:00 PM
    • 17th May 19, 1:00 PM
    Plusnet were quick enough to take the money but seem to want to wash their hands of anything offered to the customer.
    Originally posted by happychappy74
    That would be because Plusnet didn't offer the switching incentive.

You need to direct your complaint to MSE.
    • Buster Danog
    • By Buster Danog 17th May 19, 4:17 PM
    • 388 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Buster Danog
    • 17th May 19, 4:17 PM
    • 17th May 19, 4:17 PM
    That would be because Plusnet didn't offer the switching incentive.

You need to direct your complaint to MSE.
    Originally posted by Chino
    Plusnet sorted this out for me. The billing customer services representative could see I was eligible for the 75 debit card, and sent an enquiry to the department that deals with these cashback incentives.

It tooks a few hours to get it sorted. I am impressed with Plusnet's customer service. It's very efficient.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,516Posts Today

6,151Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Can't believe my luck. Just got this email My name is Manuel Franco. I won $768.4m Lottery Jackpot. I have a don? https://t.co/OSYkS7tu2c

• It should be a poll. You are implying your view is the only view anyone can hold. Clearly the poll results show tha? https://t.co/ur0ejJ1fjB

• Today's Twitter Poll: Is milkshaking legitimate political protest or unacceptable thuggery? In recent weeks a few? https://t.co/hjCpu9zqwZ

• Follow Martin