Abbey credit card / Paymentcare (mortgage) any successes?

Options
Hi again,
As per my previous post after receiving a letter inviting us to apply via plevin with a store card I then decided to find it if any ppi elsewhere that my husband had. We found 3 with Abbey. 2 credit cards dating back from 1999 and the abbey mortgage protection. My husband was told he wouldn’t get the mortgage without it as was a first time buyer. Anyway had anyone had success with this??
Thanks again.

Comments

• Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Any success with what exactly? If your husband is claiming he was told he had to have it... and he did for example it was a requirement of the rate then this would not be considered mis-selling. If he is merely claiming he was told he had to have it... like so many others have claimed (most generic complaint point possible) then he would have to supply some evidence in support of this as unlikely to be upheld on that statement alone
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    Don't understand people who wait 20 years then try to claim this that or the other to try to get some money back. If he didn't want it, why did he keep paying it? Why didn't he make a claim years ago?
  • RonoB
    RonoB Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    all I read on ppi questions is responders bashing people for claiming. Yes there are lots jumping in the bandwagon but when people like me are posting I only want those who actually may have real experience not your personal opinion. It’s not helpful. Plus the comment on only wanting to hear what I want to again if that is in response to someone who had actually claimed then yes I’m delighted to hear. But you no thanks!!
    Read some of the responses you guys write. It’s very negative.
  • RonoB
    Options
    Predictive text but hey not judging are you. I take it your lots of experience of abbey Paymentcare that’s why you chose to respond!
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    People post here for information, they ask questions, they get answers, they go away and don't come back [for the most part]
    I suppose it's inevitable that someone will take a factual answer the wrong way if there are no hearts and flowers and smileys attached to it, or some hugs hunni....
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    RonoB wrote: »
    Predictive text but hey not judging are you. I take it your lots of experience of abbey Paymentcare that’s why you chose to respond!

Asking for other people's experiences is pointless because every sale is unique down to the nth degree (amount borrowed, type of job, type of cover, spouse (or not), bought direct, or via an agent or IFA etc). Even if 999 people complained and posted on here that they were refunded, you could be the 1000th person to complain and be rejected because of your circumstances. You posted a question, you got an answer you didn't like so you started ranting about other people...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    when people like me are posting I only want those who actually may have real experience not your personal opinion.

Some of the most knowledgeable people on PPI have posted on this thread.
    Read some of the responses you guys write. It’s very negative.

Of course they are.

1 - You are talking about MPPI. Most MPPI complaints fail (both by the seller and the FOS). So, straight away you are looking at a statistically likely outcome of rejection.
    2 - your complaint reason is one of the weakest going. Every single try-it-on complaint uses that reason and it is extremely rare for a complaint to be upheld on that particular reason.
    3 - You are looking at 20 years ago. Whilst records can still exist that far back, the further back in time you go, the less likely they will still hold records unless the mortgage is still open.

You were asking for experiences in a similar scenario and that is what you have got. i.e. Statistically unlikely but may get lucky. Would you rather we lied to you?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Bermonia
    First Post
    Options
    What happened to all the posts??
  • RonoB
    Options
    1. he didn’t pay it forever he stopped when he met me and I told him he didn’t need it!
    2. It may be the biggest excuse going for ppi claiming but it’s the truth. He was completely naive. First time buyer not a clue. Scared he wouldn’t get the mortgage. Would have done anything.
    3. A lot of people dug themselves in holes years and ago and would have done anything to get the credit. That’s why they took the ppi a lot of the time.
    4. We didn’t claim 20 years ago because he didn’t know he could or that why would he even know?! We did claim about 8 years successfully for others but only as we had all the paperwork. Otherwise we didn’t think we could prove it.
    5. Obviously this ppi money people are complaining about is your money as you all seem to be very precious about people claiming it. Bank made a lot of money from vulnerable not savvy people. Not just ppi. So if it’s genuinely missold let them claim it back.
    6. This ppi scandal can only be a good think loving forward. Responsible lending. I for one am delighted. Sorry the fat cats are feeling the pinch!
  • Bermonia
    First Post
    Options
    1. Then the time to complain was then.. as such your complaint will likely be time barred.
    2. It is truly amazing how clear his recollections are from so long ago - as already advised if it was truly a requirement of the mortgage then it could not have been mis-sold, if merely repeating what everyone else says then there would need to be some evidence in support (the only way a lender or FOS would dream of upholding for this reason).
    3. I’m curious how have you come to know so much about other people’s circumstances.
    4. If you didn’t claim 8 years ago because you didn’t think you could prove it... what proof have you suddenly found? Again your complaint is technically time barred.
    5. PPI money comes out of ALL of our pockets, how do you think banks will look to recoup their loses, higher costs for facilities and lending, less funds for savings mean reduced interest rates... certainly won’t be these ‘so called fatcats’ You have imaged up.
    6. So you consider it much more responsible to lend money to people who would have little or no way of meeting their repayments should they be unable to work, with properties at risk, people’s credit files being trashed when unable to make payments?

Perhaps it’s tome you stopped listening to all those daytime adverts from the claims management companies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure