Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jackie_w
    • By jackie_w 16th Apr 19, 1:30 PM
    • 1,064Posts
    • 5,612Thanks
    jackie_w
    Finding info of previous accounts for claiming back PPI
    • 16th Apr 19, 1:30 PM
    Finding info of previous accounts for claiming back PPI 16th Apr 19 at 1:30 PM
    Iím trying to help my mum claim back PPI but she doesnít seem to have a lot of details about her accounts. I think this might be because they are over 6 years ago and she no longer has the paperwork, so donít think she will have any success, but we will try.

Is there anything with any of the credit rating agencies that will have this info, or do they only keep records for 6 years too?
Page 1
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 16th Apr 19, 2:57 PM
    • 7,178 Posts
    • 4,522 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:57 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:57 PM
    Your credit record is only stored for 6 years, beyond that it's down to your memory or sending out enquiries to anyone you think likely.

Do remember due to DPA/GDPR laws, any accounts closed over 6 years ago are subject to record deletion with older accounts increasingly likely to be removed or archived so without account numbers it may be hard to track down.

If she has been with the same bank for a number of years they might be able to give you details of payments for loans, cards etc though of course this is not proof of PPI or miss-selling
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

29Posts Today

1,833Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin