Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • McLovin01
    • By McLovin01 15th Apr 19, 5:07 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 5Thanks
    McLovin01
    EuroParking Services
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:07 PM
    EuroParking Services 15th Apr 19 at 5:07 PM
    I have received a final reminder letter for this company about oweing 100 for allegedly overstaying in a carpark, the car park states there is 45mins free and on the letter they sent the time stamp states 39mins. The address on the letter is wrong and they said their source is from the DVLA, I check with the DVLA and its incorrect (details given by dealers) and will be changed therefore I assume the letters ended up at the wrong house. Anyway because the letter is on final reminder I have fallen outside the appeals period and frankly ive read the IAS is a waste of time. I requested a subject access request and they have evidence that I overstayed about 10mins over.

From the newbies thread I issued the first appeal anyway, there was no luck.

I am a uni student near exams, for free parking their idea of a justified fine is 100, shall I fight this or just pay?
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Apr 19, 5:12 PM
    • 22,245 Posts
    • 28,131 Thanks
    Redx
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:12 PM
    your choice , but either way email a data rectification notice with the correct address etc on it
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • waamo
    • By waamo 15th Apr 19, 5:12 PM
    • 6,329 Posts
    • 8,280 Thanks
    waamo
    If you've read up here you will see we never recommend paying unless you lose in court.

All you can realistically do now is wait to see if you get an LBC and take it from there.
    This space for hire.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 15th Apr 19, 5:35 PM
    • 12,665 Posts
    • 12,890 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:35 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:35 PM
    They are trying to scam you, enlist the help of your MP.

On 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these private parking companies. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • McLovin01
    • By McLovin01 15th Apr 19, 5:38 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    McLovin01
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:38 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 5:38 PM
    I have already emailed my local mp about this case with the dvla. I know theres like a 98% chance winning through court but its just the stress.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Apr 19, 6:06 PM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,989 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:06 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:06 PM
    I am a uni student near exams, for free parking their idea of a justified fine is 100, shall I fight this or just pay?
    Originally posted by McLovin01
    No, don't be a scam victim. Such statements are unofficially banned here!

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75456433#post75456433

You will be WELL past your exams by the time you need to deal with a defence and 99% likely to win.

Make sure they have the right address for service for you (one that is suitable to receive post and be seen quickly, in and out of term time).
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 19-04-2019 at 11:58 AM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • McLovin01
    • By McLovin01 15th Apr 19, 7:12 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    McLovin01
    • 15th Apr 19, 7:12 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 7:12 PM
    Thanks for the reassurance, i was reading the newbies thread and was ready to take them on. Cant be bullied out of hard earned money!! i will update when i received a LBC
    • McLovin01
    • By McLovin01 24th Apr 19, 10:53 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    McLovin01
    • 24th Apr 19, 10:53 PM
    • 24th Apr 19, 10:53 PM
    Hey Guys, so I got the SAR and theres alleged evidence of a stay of just under an hour. The evidence on the letter and evidence where you pay the fine are all different. I have also contacted my local MP about this data issue. Ive taken pictures of the surrounding area also, upon entry theres a sign just stating 45mins stay and no other. There is another sign in the corner of the car park which isn't noticeable about a max stay but you wouldn't notice this until you walk up to the bent sign. whats my chances here?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Apr 19, 11:42 PM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,989 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 24th Apr 19, 11:42 PM
    • 24th Apr 19, 11:42 PM
    Dunno, better if you host your photos and the SAR evidence in Dropbox and show us a shared link, suitably BROKEN as you are too new to post a working link.

Most newbies just change http to hxxp and add a gap in the URL, should work!

Make sure you redact anything in the SAR with your name on or VRN, and don't use a Dropbox username that is your own real name.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • McLovin01
    • By McLovin01 25th Apr 19, 4:34 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    McLovin01
    h00ps: //QQQ .dropbox. c0m /sh/wgy6nj7cogtmdp4/AADDJfdtO2gwCm!!!sn5jVUSa?dl=0
    • McLovin01
    • By McLovin01 25th Apr 19, 4:39 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    McLovin01
    sorry guys, that doesnt seem to be working. Try this hXXps: //www .dropbox. c0m/sh/wgy6nj7cogtmdp4/AADDJfdtO2gwCm!!!sn5jVUSa?dl=0
    • waamo
    • By waamo 25th Apr 19, 4:51 PM
    • 6,329 Posts
    • 8,280 Thanks
    waamo
    sorry guys, that doesnt seem to be working. Try this hXXps: //www .dropbox. c0m/sh/wgy6nj7cogtmdp4/AADDJfdtO2gwCm!!!sn5jVUSa?dl=0
    I can't get that link to work. Have you over complicated the messing up of the url?

Just change the http to hxxp and nothing else.
    This space for hire.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 25th Apr 19, 5:07 PM
    • 22,245 Posts
    • 28,131 Thanks
    Redx
    study this thread , EPS lost it

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5920206
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 25th Apr 19, 5:21 PM
    • 14,345 Posts
    • 16,326 Thanks
    KeithP
    Just a guess, but I suspect those three exclamation marks should be something else.
    • McLovin01
    • By McLovin01 25th Apr 19, 9:26 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    McLovin01
    Xx=tt c0m= com
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 25th Apr 19, 9:33 PM
    • 14,345 Posts
    • 16,326 Thanks
    KeithP
    No, still doesn't work.

Tell us what those three !!! are in reality.

I suspect they have been inserted by the forum's anti-profanity filter.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 25th Apr 19, 9:40 PM
    • 6,329 Posts
    • 8,280 Thanks
    waamo
    Can you get a less cryptic link?
    This space for hire.
    • McLovin01
    • By McLovin01 25th Apr 19, 9:44 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    McLovin01
    the link just doesnt seem to work when I put it on here
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 25th Apr 19, 9:47 PM
    • 14,345 Posts
    • 16,326 Thanks
    KeithP
    the link just doesnt seem to work when I put it on here
    Then go through it character by character and point out all the differences.
    • McLovin01
    • By McLovin01 25th Apr 19, 9:51 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    McLovin01
    the only differences ive made is XX and 0 instead of o. Even when I try the link it says error
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,479Posts Today

7,121Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin