Impossible Migration [Talktalk]

Options
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Just spent a couple of weeks trying to get a migration from Now BB to Talktalk.

First attempt tried and they gave me a new phone number. Phoned them up to say I wanted a migration and they advised me to cancel and reorder, so did.

Second attempt also created new phone number, this time phoned up and was told to give it a while to update. Fast forward to yesterday (2 days before transfer was due to happen) and they tell me that they can't migrate as 'there is no working line'. Advised to cancel again and reorder again.

Currently completely cancelled and now looking for alternatives.

Comments

• TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Joshua,

Do you have a current active service on the number you're wanting to move to TalkTalk?

Thanks
    Emma - TalkTalk Social Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • StarDestroyer
    StarDestroyer Posts: 41 Forumite
    edited 27 March 2019 at 5:00PM
    Options
    We had a terrible time signing up with Talk Talk. I don't know if Now TV BB requires you to have a phone line, but if it does then how can you not have a working phone line if you're trying to switch? We got messed around big time and in the end went with Sky who offered a £75 pre-paid Mastercard when signing up so the little extra money per month was worth it and you have the guarantee of always speaking to a UK-based advisor. My past experiences with Talk Talk have been terrible and have always ended with compensation of some sort. You call their CS and it's like CS roulette - you don't know what country you're going to get through to and no one actually seems to be able to do anything apart from read a script and do whatever the computer says. I'd rather not spend my time dealing with human "robots", don't know about you.
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,124 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    JoshuaUK wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Just spent a couple of weeks trying to get a migration from Now BB to Talktalk.

First attempt tried and they gave me a new phone number. Phoned them up to say I wanted a migration and they advised me to cancel and reorder, so did.

Second attempt also created new phone number, this time phoned up and was told to give it a while to update. Fast forward to yesterday (2 days before transfer was due to happen) and they tell me that they can't migrate as 'there is no working line'. Advised to cancel again and reorder again.

Currently completely cancelled and now looking for alternatives.

Now TV is part of Sky, and Sky are a LLU/MPF provider ( they have their own network and phone number ranges and don't use BTw ( BT wholesale) for their telephony at all , so their numbers are not recognised when other company's check with BTw as they are not BTw numbers.
    Talk Talk are also a LLU/MPF provider , and again numbers on thier network are not recognised on BTw
    It seems that when TT are getting a customer who wants to take a BTw with them from thier old provider ( probably BT Consumer) they have the ability to action the request, but when they have to import a number from another LLU provider ( like NowTV/Sky) they regularly fail...it should be possible, but often they just say it isn't and offer the punter a new TT number, it may be easier, it may be a lack of training , but there are plenty of examples of people moving from one LLU provider to another having to accept a different phone number.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure