Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CarrieP
    • By CarrieP 22nd Feb 19, 10:41 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    CarrieP
    0 WOW
    Cineworld unlimited card
    • 22nd Feb 19, 10:41 AM
    0 WOW
    Cineworld unlimited card 22nd Feb 19 at 10:41 AM
    Hope this is right place for this.....
    I have had a cineworld unlimited card since 2012 with a short break last year . Iím a pensioner my daughter is seriously ill and Iím acting as carer . As a result am unable to go to cinema I havenít been since October and last month stopped payment as I can no longer afford it . What I didnít know was I had entered a 12 month contract when i restarted membership last year . I have had an email threatening my account being passed to a debt collection agency and being banned from having a card again. So I rang them up to see if I could suspend membership for 3 months they initially said no then said they would need proof if my daughters illness in the form of a hospital appointment letter. Not keen to do this as an invasion of her privacy also data protection issues . Had no clue I was in a contract although guess it was in the small print but itís not like Iím getting anything in return for my money and Iíve paid for 3 months had nothing! What should I do ?
Page 1
    • -taff
    • By -taff 22nd Feb 19, 11:21 AM
    • 10,074 Posts
    • 13,380 Thanks
    -taff
    • 22nd Feb 19, 11:21 AM
    • 22nd Feb 19, 11:21 AM
    Either send them proof, redacting any info that is too personal, or write them a letter, to the ceo, or complaints dept, or whoever you can find who is in a position higher than a call center op, pointing out years of being a loyal customer, circumstances dictate you stopping etc etc.
    You might get more help on the consumer rights board.
    Last edited by -taff; 22-02-2019 at 11:23 AM.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 22nd Feb 19, 11:38 AM
    • 38,831 Posts
    • 22,777 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 22nd Feb 19, 11:38 AM
    • 22nd Feb 19, 11:38 AM
    They do make it clear that this is an annual card which you can pay for on the drip monthly or as a lump sum

(And that they will pursue customers who are over a month late with the monthly payment)

So their offer to allow you a suspension looks a good one!
    • bland
    • By bland 18th Mar 19, 3:54 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    bland
    • 18th Mar 19, 3:54 PM
    • 18th Mar 19, 3:54 PM
    Yes these are annual passes that are generally paid for monthly. It should have been clear when taking it out but do appreciate the amount of blurb that comes up on these things. They have no obligation to do anything so their offer of suspending is generous and I would send the required documents with maybe a few details hidden to avoid unnecessary data being provided.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 18th Mar 19, 4:45 PM
    • 34,199 Posts
    • 21,605 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 18th Mar 19, 4:45 PM
    • 18th Mar 19, 4:45 PM
    Yes these are annual passes that are generally paid for monthly. It should have been clear when taking it out but do appreciate the amount of blurb that comes up on these things. They have no obligation to do anything so their offer of suspending is generous and I would send the required documents with maybe a few details hidden to avoid unnecessary data being provided.
    Originally posted by bland

I suspect the OP has got it sorted by now.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

214Posts Today

1,484Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Quick twitter poll: Will Theresa May still be the PM of the UK a week today?

• Thank you for all the sensitive teeth rememedies. I'm going to try (not the alchohol ones though - on air early tomorrow)

• Grrrr. I've sensitive tooth pain after going to the dentist last week for a filling. I've been putting sensodyne? https://t.co/A1Q8sdSukK

• Follow Martin