Don't fly with Easy Jet! I won't be! They cancelled my return flight from Copenhagen to Birmingham!

Just had an email to say they are cancelling our return flights in April. We can change to go the day before or the day after but as I have booked a hotel in Copenhagen - really can't afford to pay for an extra nights stay alternately will have to lose the last night of our stay if we come back early. It wasn't cheap - it's my birthday treat - supposed to be - thanks easy jet - you're turning it really sour. They have said they will refund if that's what I choose but flights from other local airports are very expensive so that's not an option. I tried to speak to easy jet- their agent left me on hold for 23 minutes while he "checked something " with a colleague - never returned, I had to hang up. On line chat similarly gave me 3 seconds to confirm I was still there and terminated the chat when I couldn't respond in time. Is this the way easy jet deal with callers with tricky questions? ??? Does anyone have any ideas what rights I have? And an address where I can write to complain, particularly about my treatment by their agents? The on line claim form does not allow comments only bare facts
Thanks for listening - hope someone can help

Comments

• Look at why you chose EasyJet..... it’s dirt cheap. I suspect BA wouldn’t have done this but then again you’d have to pay considerably more in the first place.

Do you have insurance?
  • cubegame
    cubegame Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Easyjet customer service is usually very good.

Under EU rules you're entitled to rebooking or a refund. I have been rerouted on BA before on a cancelled Easyjet flight.

https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Resolving-travel-problems/Delays-cancellations/Cancellations/Short-haul-cancellations/
  • cubegame
    cubegame Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    Look at why you chose EasyJet..... it’s dirt cheap. I suspect BA wouldn’t have done this but then again you’d have to pay considerably more in the first place.

Do you have insurance?

My experiences with BA customer services have left me less impressed than Easyjet.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Look at why you chose EasyJet..... it’s dirt cheap. I suspect BA wouldn’t have done this but then again you’d have to pay considerably more in the first place.

Do you have insurance?

BA also cancel flights.

OP have you asked about a re route on another airline
  • cubegame wrote: »
    My experiences with BA customer services have left me less impressed than Easyjet.

I don’t doubt it but the thing is you have to expect that issues are sorted out differently depending on the service your using.

To put this into perspective Transport For London charge £2 less for a 25 mile journey across London than EasyJet charges for a near 1000 mile journey to Southern Europe.
  • photome wrote: »
    BA also cancel flights.

They do!

....and in my experience they rebook you onto another flight even if it’s a competing airline. It’s the difference between cheap and no so cheap.
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    what flight, which date?
  • Hi Lorian
    Flight cancelled is on April 28th
    Thanks to other responders
    Yes we chose easy jet based on price not because we are mean but we just couldn't afford to do it any other way. I dmmt think that gives the company carte Blanche to cancel willy nilly. They only offered to move up to flights of their own all of which involved further expense for us.
    The funny thing was when they sent me a flight confirmation email cal in November - it only had the details for the flight out not the return leg which they have now cancelled. I'm beginning to wonder if they never intended to run that flight even at the point of selling it to me and involving me in extra unnecessary expense. Tm md that would seem fraudulent
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Sorrento wrote: »
    I dmmt think that gives the company carte Blanche to cancel willy nilly. They only offered to move up to flights of their own all of which involved further expense for us.

Every airline has the right to cancel flights but there are EU regulations in place to protect customers against added expenses. As already mentioned, you have the right to be rerouted on another airline. If you are rebooked onto a flight the next day you have the right to hotel accommodation.
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Looks to me like they don't fly from Birmingham to Copenhagen. (at all / any more)

(You could do Man or BRS)

what's the flight code and date of the outbound leg?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure