Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • HTG
    • By HTG 13th Jan 19, 9:48 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    HTG
    I want to Change Energy Supplier But!
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:48 PM
    I want to Change Energy Supplier But! 13th Jan 19 at 9:48 PM
    I pay for my duel fuel tariff by monthly Direct Debit.
    I have slowly been building a credit with my supplier as the DD is slightly higher than the cost of usage.
    I now want to switch, but understandably want to make sure I get my money back.
    Any tips on how to achieve this?
    HTG
Page 1
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 13th Jan 19, 10:02 PM
    • 3,915 Posts
    • 2,493 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 13th Jan 19, 10:02 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 10:02 PM
    The usual school of thought is that separate suppliers for gas and electric is better than dual fuel.

When the switch is complete the existing supplier will generate a final bill and in a few weeks you will get back your credit - you don't have to request it.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,713Posts Today

8,175Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • PLS SHARE - WARNING DO NOT USE VIAGOGO. A group of MPs have today echo'd my own warning about the secondary tick? https://t.co/ZUvKRq3MeS

• RT @MartinSLewis: I've had a few messages from people concerned that they've bought tickets from Viagogo and they heard my cautionary warni?

• Early days but it seems I'm in the 1 in 20 who don't listen to music. Funny people react with such shock at not? https://t.co/xrU3aaRF9J

• Follow Martin