Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Honey_S
    • By Honey_S 13th Jan 19, 1:10 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Honey_S
    Water Tank / Immersion Heater Buzzing when off
    • 13th Jan 19, 1:10 PM
    Water Tank / Immersion Heater Buzzing when off 13th Jan 19 at 1:10 PM
    Iím wondering if anyone can help me. My immersion / water tank is making a loud buzzing sound which is coming from a red box which my Mum thinks might be the tanks thermostat?

The immersion wasnít on but the boiler and heating had been on for a good few hours. I have temporarily managed to stop the buzzing (sounds electrical) by turning the water tank off at the fuse box (as I never use it anyway) but I also had to turn my boiler off at its fuse plug too.

Any advice as to what it might be?

Thanks
Page 1
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 14th Jan 19, 9:15 AM
    • 4,103 Posts
    • 2,599 Thanks
    matelodave
    • 14th Jan 19, 9:15 AM
    • 14th Jan 19, 9:15 AM
    You need to describe the "red" box a bit more clearly - is it fitted directly to the tank or are there pipes going in and out of it.

If there are pipes, then its more likely to be a motorised valve which is controlled by your central heating - that's why you had to turn the boiler off to stop it buzzing. You really need to get a plumber in to check or replace it.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,230Posts Today

9,057Users online

Martin's Twitter