from Extra Energy to Scottish Power

Have an ex-Extra Energy customers heard anything from Scottish Power since sending meter readings?

On 25th Nov SP emailed me to say they'd be in touch in 3-4 weeks about my new account.

I've heard nothing since and am tentatively putting it down to the holiday period.

Just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has their account up and running yet.

TIA

Comments

• Hi, I'm in the same position as you and have also put it down to the holiday period.
    Did you manage to download your annual statement from the EE website before it went down? I received an email to say mine was ready on the 23rd but couldn't access the site so have no proof our account was in credit of around £250!! I hope SP transfer this to my account.
  • les-patots wrote: »
    Hi, I'm in the same position as you and have also put it down to the holiday period.
    Did you manage to download your annual statement from the EE website before it went down? I received an email to say mine was ready on the 23rd but couldn't access the site so have no proof our account was in credit of around £250!! I hope SP transfer this to my account.

I'm in the same boat re my statement & balance. I know it was about £120 in credit but when I went onto the site (after seeing on here that they'd folded) I obviously couldn't access anything.
  • Mark_F
    Mark_F Posts: 57 Forumite
    I am in the same position as other correspondents and am concerned that there is no incentive for SP to contact us promptly- I have gone on the temporary tariff with the intention of moving to a cheaper supplier ASAP because SP will cost me £350 pa more than I was paying and £200 more than I could get elsewhere.Therefore, the longer SP can keep me waiting, the better for them- I am going to do something about this on Monday if I have still not heard from them but in the meantime, I have stopped my DD so at least they can't get any money from me (yet).
    Re the information on EE accounts, I don't understand why SP can't leave this available for customers.
    I have calculated my indebtedness to EE presumably administrators?) based on the last bill I have- this can be done based on the usage since less payments made.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    The big problem with not regularly downloading and saving your statements or bills is that you lose all the evidence of your previous data when a company goes bust or their system crashes. It then becomes significantly more difficult to back-track unless you keep your own records and meter readings.
    It's even worse if you haven'tr kept your meter readings up to dat as it takes longer to sort out the mess.
    At the very minimum you should be taking and recording your meter readings (ideally weekly) from the day they crashed until you get them established with SP.

The IRESA/Octopus switch went pretty smoothly for those who had decent records, but took a lot longer to sort out for those who didn't.

I've been caught twice, when GB Energy went bust and with IRESA and both times I got it sorted within about three weeks (although it took about three months to get my refunds).

As I keep a pretty close eye on my bills/dds etc I was only £30 in credit to GB and around £20 for IRESA although IRESA records were a total mess I had PDF's of all their bills plus weekly meter readings from the day I started with them which made it easier to sort out with Octopus.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • matelodave, I always download my statements and take readings monthly. The problem arises when you receive an email saying your statement is ready, log on and the site is down. I then found out from this forum that EE had ceased trading, no message from EE to inform customers of this.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hopefully as you are only one month adrift it shouldn't be difficult to calculate what your bill should be as there's only a month to take into acount.

As I said, keep closely monitoring and recording your readings so you've got the info at your fingertips. It should make the transition quicker and easier especially if you want to jump ship as soon as you can. I got away from Octopus in three weeks.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Quick update: I spoke to SP yesterday (05/01) and they said the switch over of accounts was taking longer than expected, no surprise with us being on a temporary tariff! They assured me that any credits built up with EE would be refunded when the accounts were set up.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Friend of mine is being transferred from EE to SP and has received information by letter and on the SP website that they are on a deemed contract but that's as far as it goes: There are no offers of alternative tariffs from SP and the national database has not been updated at least in the case of my friend.

What it all means is that my friend is stuck with a more expensive tariff and cannot switch either to another tariff with SP or to a different supplier.

In conclusion pretty much scrappy!
  • violetta
    violetta Posts: 2,624 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Finally had another email from Scottish Power today, to click a link to give permission to set up a direct debit using the details EE passed on to them (I cancelled my DD with EE very quickly after they went under as they reportedly were continuing to take DDs from people's accounts even after they stopped trading).

They say that the account is almost set up (no exact information though about what 'almost' means in terms of days or weeks).
    A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion
  • violetta wrote: »
    Finally had another email from Scottish Power today, to click a link to give permission to set up a direct debit using the details EE passed on to them (I cancelled my DD with EE very quickly after they went under as they reportedly were continuing to take DDs from people's accounts even after they stopped trading).

They say that the account is almost set up (no exact information though about what 'almost' means in terms of days or weeks).

Same here. The figure they’re quoting for my payment is more than I expected but I’m planning to leave them anyway. Just want to make sure what remains of my credit balance since the delay in setting things up gets to me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure