from Extra Energy to Scottish Power

Comments

• joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Hi Guys, sorry to hear about your problems with SP.
    As a long standing customer, thinking of leaving, if you are all on a deemed tariff, which, If I am correct is their SVR, then that is their cheapest tariff they have at present with the new cap on.
    All the other fixed tariffs are dearer, I have just switched to their 2 year fix, only because their 1 year fix includes a £60 penalty to leave, the 2 year has no penalty.
    I would be better off myself on the SVR, until April, when cap increases,but expecting their fixes to rise due to the cap ?
    I am having a bit of agro myself, long standing counts for nothing with any company now.
    So it is not just newcomers.No consolation I know.
  • Hi Joe,

I feel you're pain as SVR (Standard variable rates) usually is the cheapest before a price increase. In my opinion this is so people stay on SVR.. few months pass they forget about there energy bills - then when the cap kicks in SP or which ever energy company have alot of there customer data base on SVR's and benifit massively..

This is when Ofgem steps in to warn the supplier it has to do more to advertise its 1 year fixed - 2 years and the cycle repeats every price cap..

Did you know? - You can beat the exit fee of ANY tarrif by switching back to an SVR - most tarrifs have a 14 cooling of period so if your tarrif contains exit fee's and you wanted to leave.. switch back to the SVR after 14 days your a SVR customer and if you initiate the switch at that point you bypass the exit fees :)
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Hi, I can switch to svr, temporarily,for a couple of months,but my new 2 year fix does not have a penalty, that’s why I picked it, until I decide to stay or leave SP.
    Just about ready to switch to SO energy, not the cheapest, but good reviews,I’m just hesitant to commit myself.
    20 years with SP, perhaps due a change.
    Why the heck I am hesitant I don’t know, I switch everything else every year !:rotfl:
    It’s probably with the fact 9 have gone bust this year, and more due to .
    He who hesitates !:)
  • "...i'd suggest you to login/setup you're online account as your Direct Debit monthly amount will show on there."

Easier said than done if you haven't been given an account number yet !!
  • Received a new Direct Debit email from SP which, surprise surprise, is exactly the same as the last one. Nothing has been amended following my call to them last week. Fills me full of confidence.....not !!
  • paulr70
    paulr70 Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I bypassed scottish power and went direct to octopus energy, didnt like them just allocating who they wanted , and a recent which? report i`ve just seen gave octopus energy top ratings and scottish power 28th. My new direct debit is £85, although still owed about £350 from extra energy. Still would prefer to just get a bill every quarter and pay what i`ve used than taking my money first.
  • I phoned SP last week as I've had very little communication from them. They were very helpful and efficient on the phone. If what I was told is true, any credit balances plus information about the new SP accounts will be sorted by end of January.
  • I phoned SP last week as I've had very little communication from them. They were very helpful and efficient on the phone. If what I was told is true, any credit balances plus information about the new SP accounts will be sorted by end of January.

I'm not so sure, I've checked my direct debit and it still shows no amount and only that it is provisionally set up but not ready to start. The saga continues....
  • les-patots wrote: »
    "...i'd suggest you to login/setup you're online account as your Direct Debit monthly amount will show on there."

Easier said than done if you haven't been given an account number yet !!

Agreed. If you phone them, they’ll give it to you. Supposed to be getting our welcome packs end of Jan...
  • rob_1973 wrote: »
    I'm not so sure, I've checked my direct debit and it still shows no amount and only that it is provisionally set up but not ready to start. The saga continues....

Yeah. They took my DD today but my balance shows £0. Think we might be in for the long haul??:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure