Options

Comments

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    abbe89 wrote: »
    £2.50 from Shopmium today!

I've had a look at Oh My Dosh and a lot of the offers seem to be for online bingo/gambling sites. I'm always wary of signing up for them in case comes up on credit checks etc. My other half and I are looking at buying a house together this year and I'd hate it to negatively effect that. Has anyone here every experienced that?

I looked at oh my dosh as everyone is talking about it. But a lot of the offers I have already signed up previously through various means so not much chance of earning loads on there for me. More people are aiming for referrals to get their money than actual offers.
  • Aesop
    Options
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    Thanks Random Man - I'll read through the guides and give it a go :D

definitely have a good read around on MSE, watch videos on youtube, and read the internet a lot, before trialling it. mistakes can be made if you don't understand what you are doing.
  • Aesop
    Options
    £144 refund from some osteopathy sessions I had back in August. Good start to the month :D But now the hard work starts as I carry on clearing my house and posting things for sale in various places, including tons vinyl records... if anyone has any ideas on the best websites etc to sell them on it would be much appreciated. :)

vinyl I believe sells well on https://www.discogs.com/search/

I have vinyl to sell and took it a local record shop who does buy vinyl. He said all mine was in excellent condition but unfortunately the common type and he had loads already. He did suggest I list it on facebook as a job lot and it should go.

Just spotted discogs buy tapes. I had loads and DH bought me a tape to cd converter. Not used it yet. But some got damaged at old house due to mice in loft, etc. So I won't be able to sell them unfortunately. Unless people will buy without cases.
  • Aesop
    Options
    Walker1 wrote: »
    Good luck too everyone getting involved.

I’m aiming for £1500 plus this month with my second job and overtime. As it’s such a large ammount more than £10
    a day I feel like it’s wrong too be involved in this thread, but good luck too everyone that is.

definitely not wrong to be involved. this fred is like one big family and you should definitely join in.
  • Aesop
    Options
    Shariann and Kantakrus Mare - thank you both for the sterling job you are doing running the thread.

I love the suggestions posts, it certainly helps to remind of what is out there and what I used to do! LOL.

You are both angels :A:A:A
  • Aesop
    Options
    So Happy New Year everyone!

I am back with an aim to post each month properly, log all my money making and make upto £300 extra each month.

Am starting slow rather than rushing in and trying to do a hundred things in one go. It leads to burnout and then nothing happens.

I have a lovely new laptop but am having same internet issues already and I am starting to suspect it is something to do with my printer....

But am still in the process of transferring old stuff to new one and resetting up sites etc.

Trying to do daily and monthly bookmarks of sites and competition pages. I am going to use comping to fund xmas and birthday presents and ad hoc activities this year.

So I aim to try and list low value items 1 a day on ebay while the free listings are on. And to save in draft more expensive items, so when we get a decent offer, I will list it.

I have tried selling on schpock too but it's becoming hit and miss. I won't connect my paypal account as already had someone bid me down on an item, let me deliver for free, then hassle me, it doesn't work. If I had connected paypal, she would be applying for a refund.

so I use a lot of phone apps.

This month at beginning of Jan, I managed to cash out £5 paypal on receipt hog. This is a receipt app, a slow earner but if you are getting receipts, why not upload them anyway?

I also cashed out £5 shoppix paypal waiting for that to clear. I am aiming to cash out once a month on shoppix if I keep uploading receipts daily. That is a bit of a struggle as I only go to one shop usually.

I am also doing shopprize but I think there is a waiting list for that one.

A couple of new ones are Huyu - at the moment they only accept tesco and sainsburys receipts and have a weekly limit but can cash out to £5 each month if done properly.

Another one we thought would be closing but seems to be going if hit and miss, is snapmyeats, you upload receipts from fast food shops and shopping - showing food you eat on the go or takeaways. Once a month if done correctly, you should receive £5 amazon vouchers.

These I will be squirreling away into a separate account and save for xmas presents.

I also do vypr, shopmium, and greenjinn. Greenjinn recently added iceland which is helpful.

I have decided that any money made on receipt apps and shopping apps like shopmium, carlingtap, checkoutsmart, etc, am going to squirrel away into a separate savings account for xmas. I take the money in paypal, so can move it away from spending reach.
  • Aesop
    edited 4 January 2019 at 12:54AM
    Options
    So trying to record daily what I have achieved in real money terms ie cashouts and what little steps I have taken to achieve my goals.

1 Jan - uploaded receipts to shopprizeuk, shoppix, receipthog and huyu, checkoustmart, shopmium, snapmyeats and greenjinn.

I also play carling tap, a football game where if your player scores during the game, you could win free carling, tickets and other stuff. I won free carling before xmas, just waiting for it to be paid out.

I also do virgin red, another phone app, daily activitities that allow me to enter competitions.

On my phone I also have running daily, panel app. This is one app you don't have to do much with. It's a slow earner but you do the occasional odd survey of where you have been. Unfortunately they raised the stakes on cashout so it takes a bit longer now. I go for £1 amazon. Others wait and go for £5 mastercard.

I do pollpass when I remember, it ask questions and a slow earner but when you reach £5 can cash out.

I check panel opinion - a survey site you can do on phone or pc, if any new surveys. Usually short and quick and pay a few pence. Longer ones pay more. Have cashed out a couple of times.

I also shortcut enlightly and put it on my phone. when I remember I check during the day for any surveys and again cash out when you reach £5 to paypal.

And onepulse another plodder but I like it, quick survey questions, most not paid but if you keep answering them, they do send you paid surveys. again cash to paypal but as paid in usd converts to about £3.46

Then I run the videos daily on swagbucks on a spare phone. And on my tablet I run instagc videos. If on pc, I set up 3 lots of videos and let them run.

On the spare phone I also run embee which takes about 2 weeks or more to earn £1 paypal. I cash out at £1 as don't trust these apps to not shut down and run with my money.

I also check into instagc daily to get my mobile bonuspoint.

a new phone app like lucky leftovers which is not currently paying out from back sept and is not recruiting, is a better one called McMoney. You do need free texts on your plan but they don't send loads, not a faster earner but cashed out at $5 usd paypal. I haven't cashed out yet but will let you know when I do.

And jobspotter app. my son loves it, whenever we are out walking anywhere he looks for job ads and then takes photos for me. You take a photo of the job ad and the store signage. This gets uploaded to Indeed websites and if they agree with it, you get paid points. The points vary on the type of jobs available, the more common, less points, the less common, more points.

You can cash out at anytime for amazon but I am aiming for £1 a day if I can.

and lastly I have curious cat on my phone. I try to do a few surveys a day to mount up the points. I cash out at £1 again as don't trust them to not close. although been around for years in various forms.

I also do attapoll phone based only survey app. In 2017 I was making nearly £5 a month and in 2018 I ignored the surveys. I saw a big difference then!

So it is not really that hard to make £10 a day. A bit here, a bit there, it all adds up!

so 2/1/2019 I made £1 on embee paypal
    3/1/2019 I received £5 receipt hog paypal
    £4 checkout smart. So £17 over 2 days. A little short for the £10 a day but I usually find it evens itself out, and I am expecting other payments too.
    £7 amazon from snapmyeats
  • Aesop
    Options
    thanks to F & L on ebay listing no chat page

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=75263149&postcount=489

not everyone will qualify but worth checking

Another £1 maximum FVF, usual invite only 6-7 Jan
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all these sites Aesop - a lot if them are new to me
    I really like the sound of jobspotter! I've seen lots of job ads when I'm out and about so might as well earn!!
    £10 a day extra in May '18[B]£35/310[
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £500/£2500 = 20%
    You can find my diary here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5189836:beer:
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    We're in the middle of a huge office clean and so far I've found £1.16 in change - good side effect! :D

£4.46/£30 so far
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport