IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Clarification: is a NTO the same as NTK?

Options
ookle
ookle Posts: 30 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 9 November 2018 at 10:40PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi just that really.

Seems bit weird that Indigo are sending NTO when the data they get from DVLA is registered keeper and as we know, owner, keeper and driver are not the same.

As its the first letter from them for a PN on railway, do I treat it as a NTK?

Thank you. All the advice on the threads has been amazing. I would have been pooping my pants otherwise about threats of court action etc.

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Indigo at a railway station can be ignored. This is relatively new information and only applies to railway stations.
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ookle wrote: »
    Hi just that really.

Seems bit weird that Indigo are sending NTO when the data they get from DVLA is registered keeper and as we know, owner, keeper and driver are not the same.

As its the first letter from them for a PN on railway, do I treat it as a NTK?

Thank you. All the advice on the threads has been amazing. I would have been pooping my pants otherwise about threats of court action etc.

I assume it is because the byelaws, which they are alleging a breach of no doubt, refer to owner and not keeper.
  • ookle
    Options
    Johno100 wrote: »
    I assume it is because the byelaws, which they are alleging a breach of no doubt, refer to owner and not keeper.

So does keeper liability apply? I've seen on Pepipoo that byelaws only apply to driver, but I've read the byelaws and it says owner.
  • waamo
    Options
    Byelaws apply to the owner. Unfortunately there is no list of owners only registered keepers.

If you don't tell them who the owner is then they are guessing. You can't guess when prosecuting.

Silence is golden.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    In any case, the owner is often a bank or finance company. Just send them a letter suggesting that the enquire of the owner, if it is a bank, tell them so.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • ookle
    Options
    Thanks for all the threads and helpful posts in the Newbie sticker area. A letter from ZZPS arrived recently.

Its difficult to not get stressed about it.

Does the keeper need to get a POPLA now as they seem to permissible now in case of Railway Byelaws?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, appeal as keeper (no saying who the 'owner' or 'driver' were) and ask for a POPLA code.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ookle
    Options
    haha website won't allow me to get appeals code (probably because its past the 28 day window that Indigo set), so they want me to approach ZZPS.
  • waamo
    Options
    In that case you are in ignore mode. Do not communicate with ZZPS. That way madness lies.

If you are desperate to be proactive you can snail mail Indigo and ask questions of everything. Ask they why you can't have a POPLA code. When they say it's past 28 days ask them why recent government announcements saying you had 12 months don't apply?

After 6 months they cannot prosecute so take your time.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PoPLA (funded by the BPA which is in turn funded by the parking scammers) have recently said that parking scammers can issue penalty notices where byelaws apply, yet the BPA CoP says their members must not misrepresent authority by using the word "penalty."

The DfT says that an independent appeals procedure should be available where byelaws apply.

The ADR Act 2015 says that alternative dispute resolution must be available for not less than one year.

See, the scammers just make things up to suit themselves and ignore anything that is inconvenient to their money grabbing.

I am of the opinion that complaints should be made along the lines above to the BPA, DVLA, ICO, and your MP.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business