Asap tickets

Has anyone used or heard of asap tickets...is it a scam or can they be trusted thanks

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    a few threads on Tripadvisor
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k4350553-Asap_ticket_service-Air_Travel.html
    I would book direct with the airline
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    They are based in the Philippines, so if anything goes wrong, good luck. The reviews on ReviewCentre are in my mind fake but that is just an opinion, they look as though they have been written by Filipinos........
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Why would you use them over booking direct
  • Murphy_The_Cat
    Murphy_The_Cat Posts: 20,967 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    photome wrote: »
    Why would you use them over booking direct

I'd imagine that it comes down to price - you do a search and asap/gotogate/opodo etc comes out (much) cheaper than booking directly with the airline and Robert is your mothers brother.

My preference is to book via the airline directly, but sometimes the savings from going with an OTA are considerable.
  • photome
    I'd imagine that it comes down to price - you do a search and asap/gotogate/opodo etc comes out (much) cheaper than booking directly with the airline and Robert is your mothers brother.

My preference is to book via the airline directly, but sometimes the savings from going with an OTA are considerable.

me too

but there are OTA and then there are OTA.

the only one I have used in the last few years is Netflights, other than that its been direct
  • Murphy_The_Cat
    me too

but there are OTA and then there are OTA.

the only one I have used in the last few years is Netflights, other than that its been direct

I've just booked with one of the cough, cough, ahem, less highly regarded OTA's.
    My very simple, very straighforward booking worked out at £120 less pp using the (less highly regarded) OTA.***
    I'll confess that I kept rechecking my emails for confirmation and then logged straight onto the airline to make sure that the booking was there, but all was good.
    The £480 is better in my pocket, than the airlines !

*** if I had taken advantage of the OTA's optional extras, the price advantage would have disappeared (some of the "extras" were already included in the fare) or if I'd have made a mistake on my booking, I would have been like a turkey at Christmas.

I
  • photome
    I've just booked with one of the cough, cough, ahem, less highly regarded OTA's.
    My very simple, very straighforward booking worked out at £120 less pp using the (less highly regarded) OTA.***
    I'll confess that I kept rechecking my emails for confirmation and then logged straight onto the airline to make sure that the booking was there, but all was good.
    The £480 is better in my pocket, than the airlines !

*** if I had taken advantage of the OTA's optional extras, the price advantage would have disappeared (some of the "extras" were already included in the fare) or if I'd have made a mistake on my booking, I would have been like a turkey at Christmas.

I

That’s a good savingand a savvy traveller will keep checking the airlines website to make sure there are no changes that you havent been told about and then the problems may start if they do.

I know you know all that but others may not
  • Murphy_The_Cat
    edited 23 December 2018 at 1:09AM
    That’s a good savingand a savvy traveller will keep checking the airlines website to make sure there are no changes that you havent been told about and then the problems may start if they do.

I know you know all that but others may not

If it was one of my convoluted and complicated bookings, I wouldn't have entertained using them, but for a simple out and back, it would have been rude not to (& I used part of the saving to snabble some of the extra legroom seats which will make me happy)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure