Switching to Plusnet std broadband

Hi Everyone.

I signed up to Plusnet standard broadband through MSE a couple of weeks ago. Curious as to why there is no sign of activation or posting of a router. Members centre shows checking the line for the last 10 days or so. The existing line infrastructure is fine, as switching from Sky. Anyone else had problems with switching to Plusnet? Will ring them next week but curious as to how long and why it takes so long to switch to Plusnet. When I switched to Sky 3 years ago it was quick and easy.

Comments

• PeterGr
    PeterGr Posts: 267 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 October 2018 at 4:54PM
    I signed up on 27 September, and had an email from PlusNet giving a date for the switch on 17 October. (ie 20 days). But that has passed, my members centre still says my order is being processed, and I can't find out if or when the switch will be complete. Online chat is never available, so I tried twitter this morning, but still waiting.......

......I got through to BT and Talktalk online chat this afternoon immediately, who both confirmed switch was booked for 11 October.

..... 9 hours later I got a DM on twitter to say I should call customer services. A 35 minute wait. Turns out the switch was cancelled on 03 October, and this wasn't followed up.

......PlusNet re-ordered broadband and phone switch for 31 October, so process will have taken 5 weeks if it happens this time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure