Amazhame!

I ordered the LG TV on Sunday 8th and paid for express delivery.

I paid for the express delivery to ensure I received the TV before a deadline and I thought paying for the additional signed delivery would be a more secure process.

The order details advised I would receive the order by 1pm on Tuesday 9th October.

Therefore I booked a day’s annual leave to ensure I would be home all day and sign for the parcel.

On Tuesday mid-day, my order was updated an hour before expected delivery to instruct me the delivery date had been changed to Wednesday 10th Oct.

I was upset with Amazon as I paid for the express delivery and booked a day off work. I was not able to also book the next day off and wait at home for the parcel.

I notified Amazon of my concerns immediately. I told Amazon that I would not be home to receive the parcel and please do not leave the parcel in an obvious place as I have had a previous parcel stolen from my front door before.

I was told by Amazon not to worry and they would leave the parcel in my garage, as it was DPD, they have delivered to my address before and they know which garage to leave it in so I didn’t see a problem.

On the morning of the 10th I received a text from DPD to say the parcel was delivered and they sent me a link to the website where a photo of the parcel was left.

To my horror the parcel was in fact on full display in a greenhouse and not boxed! The TV was on full display so everyone walking past can see a 4k 49” LG brand new TV was left unattended.

With this information in hand, I immediately contact Amazon to let them know it was left in an unsecure place and the TV was on full display for the whole neighbourhood to see.

I begged Amazon to instruct the DPD courier to come back and collect the parcel as I will not be home until much later. I worry perfusely as I did not want the parcel to go missing and I did not want to be held accountable when I tried everything in my power to be at home for the parcel.

Amazon told me at approx. 12:30pm that the courier could not come back for the parcel but “do not worry as Amazon will take full responsibility for the delivery”

After this conversation I felt a bit more reassured and returned to my working day.

I returned home at 17:00 and looked all over the property for the photo that DPD sent me with no avail. I feel absolutely let down by Amazon and will not be using them ever again in the future.

I tried my hardest to accommodate Amazons delay in the delivery and even asked Amazon to cancel the order because I knew nobody would be home, I was told numerous times not to worry as Amazon will resolve any problems.

The TV cost me £428 and £432 with delivery, I did not get the so say express delivery and I did not receive the TV.

I have been left out of pocket and very unhappy with the customer service I have received from Amazon.

They will not budge unless I send them a physical Police report with an official stamp and signature from the Offcer that investigated.

I have asked 101 for a physical copy but I'm sure it won't have all the information Amazon requested.

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    chili_pea wrote: »
    I returned home at 17:00 and looked all over the property for the photo that DPD sent me with no avail. I feel absolutely let down by Amazon and will not be using them ever again in the future.

Did you look for the TV, did you find it?

The TV cost me £428 and £432 with delivery, I did not get the so say express delivery and I did not receive the TV.

I have been left out of pocket and very unhappy with the customer service I have received from Amazon.

They will not budge unless I send them a physical Police report with an official stamp and signature from the Offcer that investigated.

I have asked 101 for a physical copy but I'm sure it won't have all the information Amazon requested.

Did you receive the TV? The express delivery can be dealt with separately, but if you didn't receive the TV, that is the bigger issue. Unfortunately your post is not clear.
  • Sorry I missed a bunch of stuff of my post.

No I did not receive it even though its been delivered to the greenhouse, there has been a clear interception somewhere but the Police will not investigate it further as there are no leads.
  • I even have a photo from DPD as proof the TV was not packaged!
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Sorry I missed a bunch of stuff of my post.

No I did not receive it even though its been delivered to the greenhouse, there has been a clear interception somewhere but the Police will not investigate it further as there are no leads.

You don't need "leads" to give Amazon the crime reference number they need.

If you have it, then submit it. Job done.
  • I totally agree but the crime reference is not enough for them.
    They require all this information with an official stamp by the investigating officer:

Please forward a PDF, JPG or PNG copy of the police report to the following address: uk-deliveryinvestigation@amazon.co.uk. Please be sure to include key information including:

- Name/Rank of the officer
    - Name of police station
    - Phone Number of police station
    - Crime Reference Number
  • But the problem is, 101 don't have a Police report because there was nothing to investigate as far as they are concerned.
    So I'm absolutely screwed.
  • You don't need "leads" to give Amazon
    You should definitely expect one or two leads in a new TV box. :D
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • You should definitely expect one or two leads in a new TV box. :D

Yeah and some !!!!! is using my leads!!
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I totally agree but the crime reference is not enough for them.
    They require all this information with an official stamp by the investigating officer:

Please forward a PDF, JPG or PNG copy of the police report to the following address: uk-deliveryinvestigation@amazon.co.uk. Please be sure to include key information including:

- Name/Rank of the officer
    - Name of police station
    - Phone Number of police station
    - Crime Reference Number

So go into your local police station, ask them to write that down for you on headed paper. If they have a station stamp get them to stamp and sign it and you then send it to amazon.
  • Les79
    Les79 Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    So go into your local police station, ask them to write that down for you on headed paper. If they have a station stamp get them to stamp and sign it and you then send it to amazon.
    Indeed.

The problem is, OP, that you could be pulling a scam whereby you are taking Amazon at their word and fraudulently claiming that you haven't received the item. I am a tad skeptical because greenhouses are *usually* located in your back garden (they wouldn't have taken the TV to your allotment surely?). Also because you seem to be more upset about the circumstances rather than someone stealing your TV (you mentioned searching for the "picture" which could be a Freudian slip). Also, a garage is not a secure storage area assuming that the courier can drop it off. And finally because it isn't completely unheard of for a high value item being left in an open but fairly obscure location and not being stolen.

So in that respect I can't blame Amazon for asking for a police report. They don't even necessarily need the specific information requested, they more just want to see that you are serious about your story and so that they have something on you if it transpires, at a later date, that you are running a scam.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure