IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Popla appeal help please.

Options
Hi, I have a popla appeal to compose & I'm not that confident in my ability to compose it due to certain brain issues I have. I have posted on pipipoo, if anybody has time to look it is titled Urgent Please - One Parking Solution PCN Whilst Helping Move Into New Flat. As a new user I cannot post links.

I will read through some threads here to help me, but I don't retain info well to then rehash into something appropriate. Any assistance gratefully received.

Many thanks

InaHaze

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 October 2018 at 7:07PM
    Options
    Post 3 of the NEWBIES has a selection of template appeal points that you can copy and paste here for the regulars to look at before you submit your appeal.

Your appeal would normally include the following at least if they are relevant.
    Not the landowner
    No standing to bring charges in their own name
    Non POFA compliant NTK. (This only applies if you didn't reveal the driver's identity in your initial appeal.)
    Inadequate signage.

If this is for parking at a residential property, what does your lease/AST say about parking? If you were helping someone else to move in, what does their lease/AST say about parking?
    Have you complained to the landlord.

Your medical condition may mean that you are covered by the Equality Act 2010 and therefore should be given certain concessions such as more time to park or read and understand signage.

If you have more information on pepipoo then you could copy that and paste it here into another post on this thread.

Please complain to your MP about this unregulated scam. They are supposed to be there to help their constituents.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • InaHaze
    InaHaze Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So I took the time to copy, paste & link via tiny pics & I was timed out, so when I submitted the post it wiped everything! ��

I’ll have to start again!
  • InaHaze
    Options
    My original post:
    Hi Folks

I need to respond urgently, because in my haste I saw 28days, but it says I must respond within 14 days to keep discounted rate.

My son was moving into his new flat, two people came to help, one with his furniture in a van and the other with the trolley wheels in his car. They both drove into the car park which is for residents only and parked, they looked for somewhere to pay, one being foreign tried to buy a ticket from the electric car charging point! He saw a chap in a high viz jacket and asked if he was the car park attendant, because he wanted to buy a ticket or have permission to park to unload. He replied he was not he was working on the fire regulations, but if he just put a note in his windscreen he was sure the unloading would be okay? However, they could not get out if they wanted to because a large lorry was delivering and had parked in the entrance.

Anyway, they did a relay, one with wheels to the door of the new block and one on the inside going up in the lift. In the time it took to get to the door and back a ticket had been issued. The chap saw a man walking out of the car park, he called to him and asked if he worked for the car park, he said no I work for a private company and kept walking. He asked if he had just issued his ticket, he replied he didn't want any trouble and kept walking, the chap said didn't you see the note in my window, he came back and took a photo of the note and walked away. He shot off to tell my son, because the van had not been given a ticket, by the time he got back down in the lift the van had a ticket too.

The man who gave out the ticket must have been hiding in the wings ready to pounce when nobody was there, he was wearing a shirt and trousers looking like he was an office worker and had no ID, gadget or anything on him to indicate that he was a parking attendant.

My question is this, is this likely to be a successful appeal as it appears from what I have read that things are becoming more difficult as time goes by? Surely somebody is allowed to move into their home without getting a ticket?

Any thoughts gratefully received.

My appeal type for both via Cabbyman on pepipoo, thankfully, along these lines:

Dear sirs,

ref xxxxx VRN xx99yyy

I am the Registered Keeper of the above vehicle. I have been made aware of a Notice to Driver left on the vehicle.

Please note that I have no liability in this matter due to the lack of prominent signage, as required in accordance with the ruling in Parking Eye v Beavis and the British Parking Association code of practice.

I require you to cancel this forthwith and not to bother me further.

Love and kisses.

Hopefully photos of signs:

No links allowed so had to delete photos :(

I’m still reading threads and trying to remember what’s relevant, but from the appeals I’ve seen they are substantial, which is very daunting.

Any comments gratefully received.

🙏🏼
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Dear sirs,

ref xxxxx VRN xx99yyy

I am the Registered Keeper of the above vehicle. I have been made aware of a Notice to Driver left on the vehicle.

Please note that I have no liability in this matter due to the lack of prominent signage, as required in accordance with the ruling in Parking Eye v Beavis and the British Parking Association code of practice.

I require you to cancel this forthwith and not to bother me further.

Love and kisses.
    That's NOT a POPLA appeal.

Fruitcake's post tells you everything you need to know.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The Keepers of the vehicles should be appealing these, not you, but you can of course help if you wish.

Has an appeal been sent for each vehicle with the keeper's name and address attached or have you appealed in your name?

Has a PoPLA code been received by each keeper for each vehicle?

Two vehicles and two PCNs, means two separate initial appeals from two separate keepers, and two separate PoPLA appeals.

The first thing to do is contact the landowner/landlord/letting agent and tell them to cancel the PCNs.

If that doesn't work then the two keepers will each have to make a PoPLA appeal as already advised.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • InaHaze
    Options
    Sorry for not making it clear. Two separate PCN’s, two separate appeals like above from Cabbyman, two refusals, two ref no’s for two separate popla appeals, but both for the same reason, helping to move in.

I hope this is clearer?
  • InaHaze
    Options
    Hopefully these will pass this time?

hxxp://a66.tinypic.com/30uspvp.jpg
    hxxp://a65.tinypic.com/214qi9.jpg
    hxxp://a66.tinypic.com/8yyz5i.jpg
  • InaHaze
    Options
    I’ve followed the link by copy & paste, but it doesn’t find anything, perhaps because it is from the app, which takes straight from my photos without logging in?
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    InaHaze wrote: »
    Hopefully these will pass this time?

hxxp://a66.tinypic.com/30uspvp.jpg
    hxxp://a65.tinypic.com/214qi9.jpg
    hxxp://a66.tinypic.com/8yyz5i.jpg
    http://a66.tinypic.com/30uspvp.jpg
    http://a65.tinypic.com/214qi9.jpg
    http://a66.tinypic.com/8yyz5i.jpg
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Please provide a timeline & please answer exactly the following questions:-

Date of parking event?
    Date of appeal?
    Who appealed? Was it you or was it the two Registered Keepers of the vehicles?
    Date the appeal was refused & POPLA code given?

Which vehicles?
    A car & a van?
    Is the car owned by the foreign person & the van by someone else?
    Is your son the owner or Registered Keeper of either vehicle?
    Has a Notice to Keeper been received in the post for either vehicle?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure