Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Newhome1
    • By Newhome1 11th Sep 18, 9:36 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Newhome1
    Data Breach - medical records and personal information
    • 11th Sep 18, 9:36 PM
    Data Breach - medical records and personal information 11th Sep 18 at 9:36 PM
    Hi all,

I want your opinion, I was going through an employment tribunal and the solicitor sent the court bundle (which included my full medical report, full details on me and salary details) by standard post. The bundle was never received and the solicitor referred us to the post. I want to be compensated for this major error, god know who has my data.

What does everyone think?
Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 11th Sep 18, 10:01 PM
    • 20,946 Posts
    • 16,730 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 11th Sep 18, 10:01 PM
    • 11th Sep 18, 10:01 PM
    What financial loss have you suffered, because that's what you can claim. Otherwise, report it to the ICO.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 11th Sep 18, 11:18 PM
    • 16,363 Posts
    • 12,430 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 11th Sep 18, 11:18 PM
    • 11th Sep 18, 11:18 PM
    How do you think it should have been sent?
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 12th Sep 18, 12:45 AM
    • 27,559 Posts
    • 11,159 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 12th Sep 18, 12:45 AM
    • 12th Sep 18, 12:45 AM
    Is there a any delivery method that guarantee's that the parcel wont get lost or damaged?

2 data protection breach threads from old users seems fishy.
    Last edited by forgotmyname; 12-09-2018 at 12:49 AM.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 13th Sep 18, 2:54 PM
    • 3,125 Posts
    • 3,230 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 13th Sep 18, 2:54 PM
    • 13th Sep 18, 2:54 PM
    The DX System is often used by lawyers to send documents between legal offices. https://www.dxdelivery.com
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 13th Sep 18, 2:58 PM
    • 20,946 Posts
    • 16,730 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 13th Sep 18, 2:58 PM
    • 13th Sep 18, 2:58 PM
    The DX System is often used by lawyers to send documents between legal offices. https://www.dxdelivery.com
    Originally posted by LadyDee

That's a good point, and what we don't know is who the recipient of the documents was: if it was the OP then DX won't apply, but if it was the ET then they might possibly be on the DX system.
    • Undervalued
    • By Undervalued 14th Sep 18, 3:31 PM
    • 3,376 Posts
    • 3,060 Thanks
    Undervalued
    • 14th Sep 18, 3:31 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 3:31 PM
    Hi all,

I want your opinion, I was going through an employment tribunal and the solicitor sent the court bundle (which included my full medical report, full details on me and salary details) by standard post. The bundle was never received and the solicitor referred us to the post. I want to be compensated for this major error, god know who has my data.

Originally posted by Newhome1
    "God" (if you are in to deities might) but you don't know if anybody has!

Recorded delivery is little more secure, it only gets a squiggle from whoever answers the door and doesn't prove delivery to a specific individual.

What do you expect them to do? Send it by some highly expensive secure service that demands to see proof of identity before handing it over?

Yes it is unfortunate but occasionally things like this happen!

Compensation? For what? Unless you can prove negligence and you have suffered a quantifiable loss forget it!
    • parkrunner
    • By parkrunner 17th Sep 18, 5:43 PM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 2,170 Thanks
    parkrunner
    • 17th Sep 18, 5:43 PM
    • 17th Sep 18, 5:43 PM
    Things happen, you haven't lost anything, get over it.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 17th Sep 18, 5:56 PM
    • 8,995 Posts
    • 6,725 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 17th Sep 18, 5:56 PM
    • 17th Sep 18, 5:56 PM
    Not everything in life leads to compensation you know.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 19th Sep 18, 8:23 AM
    • 7,756 Posts
    • 6,123 Thanks
    -taff
    Hi all,

Originally posted by Newhome1

I would keep an eye on your credit report, but if you did get compensation, the maximum is about 200 to 250 I think.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

912Posts Today

7,914Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin