Creation ignoring letters

Due to loss of a partner and severe illness my cards have gone to 'collections'. All creditors were advised of the situation before a payment was missed, and a Financial Statement and explanatory letter was sent. All have been totally understanding, and a plan entered into with each one that we are now happy with.

However, Creation are absolute refusing to respond to ANY communication I send to them, in fact each letter I get from them states in various forms "we cannot understand why you are refusing to communicate with us!" I know that 'Recorded Delivery' does not necessarily afford the 'protection' I need to prove I have written numerous letters to them, the last letter I sent to them contained copies of all previous letters from me, and they have just replied with "We do not understand why you have not contacted us!"

I am extremely concerned about the Financial Statement and other personal information I have sent them has "gone astray" and I wonder what, if any protection I have under Data Protection.

My illnesses are progressing to a point where this is causing real concern. Being hard of hearing I do not use the telephone, though I suspect they would deny that too!. I am disabled and even if I could get an appointment with local CAB there is no way to park anywhere near their offices.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to start a dialogue with Creation, or at least be assured that my private data has not been abused etc.

Many Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Have you asked them (perhaps by email if not by phone) to confirm that you're using the correct address, or any other more suitable way to contact them?
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to start a dialogue with Creation, or at least be assured that my private data has not been abused etc.

Is there a messaging system within their online portal?

If not, there's a complaints form you can use on their website: https://www.creation.co.uk/about-us/customer-care.

It's a wizard. The first page asks for details about your complaint, the next asks for your contact details, etc.

There's an address to write to at the bottom of the page. You only need get proof of posting (Certificate of Posting) from the Post Office when you write to them. If they don't reply within eight week, take the matter to the Financial Ombudsman.
  • Thank you so much I will try the online complaints form.
  • Well, so much for that - "Your account has been temporarily suspended" so cannot even Log in.!!!!!!!
  • *********and again, filled in Complaints form online as above, "sorry your email has not been sent - please try again later"
  • Try not to worry too much it looks like your doing your absolute best considering your circumstances, from what I know Creation finance are an abysmal company with very poor customer service
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure