Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Carlyant2324
    • By Carlyant2324 9th Aug 18, 5:30 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Carlyant2324
    Currys Wont refund or replace
    • 9th Aug 18, 5:30 PM
    Currys Wont refund or replace 9th Aug 18 at 5:30 PM
    Hi,
    Bought a Fridge freezer from currys around 7 months ago, fan in back of freezer packed up therefore making the freezer only freeze on bottom drawer and same in the fridge so pretty unuseable!
    3rd July rang up to arrange a repair as it still under warranty and we have also taken the extra care plan out to cover after the warranty, 7 weeks down the road still left without a fridge/freezer and still no answers form anyone!!
    They have refused a write off so we can have a voucher for the value to buy another fridge due to the care plan not been in place yet? the write off was going to be issued due to the time it would take to get the parts- they have told us it will take until the 31st august to get the parts in!! surely a modern fridge freezer that is 7 months old shouldn't have to wait almost 3 months for a part? countless phonecalls made with a different answer (Excuse) every time, have emailed Katie Bickerstaff (CEO) with no reply. where do I go now? 2 months without a fridge or freezer is a long time with 2 children one being only 8 months old.
    Any help appreciated.
Page 1
    • MovingForwards
    • By MovingForwards 9th Aug 18, 5:47 PM
    • 397 Posts
    • 470 Thanks
    MovingForwards
    • 9th Aug 18, 5:47 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 5:47 PM
    How did you pay for it?
    • Carlyant2324
    • By Carlyant2324 10th Aug 18, 9:33 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Carlyant2324
    • 10th Aug 18, 9:33 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 9:33 AM
    Just by debit card.
    Update: as soon as I left a bad review on trustpilot I was contacted within about 15 minutes by someone else from curry!!!8217;s. Waiting for a call back today (again)
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th Aug 18, 9:38 AM
    • 4,416 Posts
    • 5,804 Thanks
    waamo
    • 10th Aug 18, 9:38 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 9:38 AM
    Completely unacceptable. I would look at initiating a charge back from the card issuer if the call isn't forthcoming.
    This space for hire.
    • SuperHan
    • By SuperHan 10th Aug 18, 9:44 AM
    • 2,107 Posts
    • 1,253 Thanks
    SuperHan
    • 10th Aug 18, 9:44 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 9:44 AM
    Katie Bickerstaffe stepped down in April and is now head of SSE... I doubt her email inbox is even still being monitored that closely now.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 10th Aug 18, 1:17 PM
    • 21,145 Posts
    • 16,960 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 10th Aug 18, 1:17 PM
    • 10th Aug 18, 1:17 PM
    Completely unacceptable. I would look at initiating a charge back from the card issuer if the call isn't forthcoming.
    Originally posted by waamo

While I agree with the sentiment I don't think a Chargeback will succeed until the F/F has been returned (or at least return arranged), otherwise the OP will have both the money and the product.
    • mamabuddah
    • By mamabuddah 10th Aug 18, 2:18 PM
    • 685 Posts
    • 1,465 Thanks
    mamabuddah
    • 10th Aug 18, 2:18 PM
    • 10th Aug 18, 2:18 PM
    Can you get a chargeback if you pay by debit card?
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th Aug 18, 2:31 PM
    • 4,416 Posts
    • 5,804 Thanks
    waamo
    • 10th Aug 18, 2:31 PM
    • 10th Aug 18, 2:31 PM
    Originally posted by mamabuddah
    Some do allow it, some don't. In the absence of further information we don't know if the op has one that does.

For clarity it may be worth contacting them to find out the process and what conditions they impose in order for it to be forthcoming should they be an issuer that does charge backs.
    This space for hire.
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 11th Aug 18, 4:21 PM
    • 12,842 Posts
    • 10,174 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:21 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:21 PM
    Originally posted by mamabuddah
    Chargeback is something thats provided by visa/mastercards/amex policy. However, it only applies in certain circumstances and there is a time limit aswell. In this instance OP would be over the time limit and theres no relevant chargeback code imo.

You may be confusing it with a section 75 claim under the consumer credit act - which is a legal right that extends to regulated debtor > creditor > supplier agreements.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,445Posts Today

9,141Users online

Martin's Twitter