Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 6th Aug 18, 8:34 PM
    • 3,689Posts
    • 1,924Thanks
    ballyblack
    Fishtext...international text service closing
    • 6th Aug 18, 8:34 PM
    Fishtext...international text service closing 6th Aug 18 at 8:34 PM
    Looks like another victim to free Whatsapp messaging and similar services

Hey FishText User,

It!s a sad day for us as we announce that we will soon be closing FishText. We've loved helping you send low cost SMS to all corners of the globe, and thank you for your loyalty over the years, but unfortunately it;s time for FishText to set sail...

From today, Monday 6th August 2018, you won't be able to make any new payments to your FishText account, and new signups will also be disabled.

You!!!;ll be able to log into your account for the next month to send messages and use up your credit balance, so there!!s still time to squeeze in some last farewell messages to your FishText friends!
Page 1
    • redux
    • By redux 7th Aug 18, 10:58 AM
    • 18,376 Posts
    • 24,425 Thanks
    redux
    • 7th Aug 18, 10:58 AM
    • 7th Aug 18, 10:58 AM
    I wonder if they intend to tell all customers.

Did your message come by text message or email?
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 7th Aug 18, 12:40 PM
    • 3,689 Posts
    • 1,924 Thanks
    ballyblack
    • 7th Aug 18, 12:40 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 12:40 PM
    Did your message come by text message or email?
    it came by email yesterday
    • Goldcrypto
    • By Goldcrypto 7th Aug 18, 8:23 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Goldcrypto
    • 7th Aug 18, 8:23 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 8:23 PM
    Thanks for heads up. That is a real shame as have been using them since 2010!

Whatsapp is great and use to all family and friends but when messaging new people, not everyone has and is convenient for initial contact. Fishtext is cheapest for international text as range from 1p to 2p or so for most places. I found the messages fairly reliable going through (get green tick if sent and confirmed).

Anyone know of cheapest and most reliable text provider for international (UK to overseas - only interested in text).
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 8th Aug 18, 7:30 PM
    • 4,581 Posts
    • 1,441 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 8th Aug 18, 7:30 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 7:30 PM
    Thanks for heads up. That is a real shame as have been using them since 2010!

Whatsapp is great and use to all family and friends but when messaging new people, not everyone has and is convenient for initial contact. Fishtext is cheapest for international text as range from 1p to 2p or so for most places. I found the messages fairly reliable going through (get green tick if sent and confirmed).

Anyone know of cheapest and most reliable text provider for international (UK to overseas - only interested in text).
    Originally posted by Goldcrypto
    Tesco calling card app. I use it when roaming too.
    • Goldcrypto
    • By Goldcrypto 8th Aug 18, 8:05 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Goldcrypto
    • 8th Aug 18, 8:05 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 8:05 PM
    Sounds great. Will give it a try!
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 8th Aug 18, 8:49 PM
    • 3,689 Posts
    • 1,924 Thanks
    ballyblack
    • 8th Aug 18, 8:49 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 8:49 PM
    Thank you for tip

Tesco is free, but you must top up every 6 months with minimum 3
    Last edited by ballyblack; 09-08-2018 at 8:48 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,493Posts Today

8,805Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin