private sellers, read your ebay offers

Options
Lots of chat elsewhere about the changes to the regular free listings offered to private sellers, so I would urge all private sellers to read your offer terms and conditions carefully and keep an eye on your charges.

It looks like ebay are rolling out different offers to different people, but as private sellers are so used to the 100 a day free listings they are not reading the actual T and Cs. Some of the new offers require automatic relisting to be ticked- which can incur a charge on the re list, others have conditions around best offers must be enabled on both auctions and BINs- which is causing some stress as there doesn't seem to be any way to enable offers on auctions. different people are getting different terms and conditions, I know we had a thread on here recently (which I can't find) asking about offers on auctions but their t and Cs required that only on accounts where it was possible, some people posting say that part of the statement has now been removed.

I hope we are a little more savvy on here and query before listing if we see an unexpected charge , however it seems that elsewhere people are assuming the 35p charge showing is wrong, and going ahead. Others are reporting charges showing up on the auto relisting.

So be careful, read your own T and Cs, ignore what other people say they have- only your offer matters to you. If you see a charge before you list , stop and work out why. If you have to go for an auto relist check whether that will be chargeable when re listed.

Anyone, business or private can check their fees as they go along, there is an itemised list - so keep an eye on it.

EDIT: Some private accounts still do have the old 100 free listings a day with no restrictions- except, as in my case, the minimum auction term is now 5 days having gone up from 3.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    others have conditions around best offers must be enabled on both auctions and BINs- which is causing some stress as there doesn't seem to be any way to enable offers on auctions.

2 weeks ago I got a max £1 selling fees for auctions if I enabled offers.

I couldn't do this with the regular selling form, but I was able to do this by switching to the "quick listing tool".

This is rather sneaky of them, there were some options I didn't want to enable but I could not disable them using the quick listing tool, fortunately the winner was a buyer who had bought from me before.
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just revise all the auctions they have checked and uncheck them. If this carries on i will vote with my feet and use Schpock.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quite a few sellers appear to be using Shpock but they dont have anywhere near the traffic that ebay does.

A better name may have helped gain further business though. Misspelt so often.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,250 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Interestingly my private account (number 1) has still got the original terms and conditions for 100 free listings a day with the only condition being they have to be for 5 days or longer. I haven't checked account number 2 yet.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Snowbelle
    Snowbelle Posts: 353 Forumite
    Options
    Interestingly my private account (number 1) has still got the original terms and conditions for 100 free listings a day with the only condition being they have to be for 5 days or longer. I haven't checked account number 2 yet.

Mine is different. I've got 100 free listings but need to pay an extra 35p as well as FVF's if the item sells.
  • soolin
    Options
    Snowbelle wrote: »
    Mine is different. I've got 100 free listings but need to pay an extra 35p as well as FVF's if the item sells.

Read the offer again as 35p is the cost of a listing without an offer, so it looks like your trying to list something that is not eligible for 'your' offer terms and conditions. You may well find you are one of those with the additional conditions that you need to apply to get them for free.

I also pay FVFs, there have never been any real offers, apart from some account specific ones limited to a handful of listings where FVFs were free.
  • Snowbelle
    Options
    Read the offer again as 35p is the cost of a listing without an offer, so it looks like your trying to list something that is not eligible for 'your' offer terms and conditions. You may well find you are one of those with the additional conditions that you need to apply to get them for free.

I also pay FVFs, there have never been any real offers, apart from some account specific ones limited to a handful of listings where FVFs were free.[/QU

I'm not trying to list anything. This is the offer:

Pay only when you sell this month
    No insertion fees and 35p extra at sale on up to 100 auction/fixed price listings per day
  • soolin
    Options

I also pay FVFs, there have never been any real offers, apart from some account specific ones limited to a handful of listings where FVFs were free.[/QU

I'm not trying to list anything. This is the offer:

Pay only when you sell this month
    No insertion fees and 35p extra at sale on up to 100 auction/fixed price listings per day

As usual on ebay that doesn't make sense at all either as an offer or grammatically? Can you link at all to the offer please as I can't find anyone else that has that strange terminology and it is useful to actually try and work out what they mean.

The headline on most looks like this:

Only Pay
    When You Sell
    With free listings you can now list all the items you!!!8217;ve been meaning to sell. Best thing is, you only pay if they do*.

Where exactly does it say that and what explanation is given in the terms and conditions?
  • Snowbelle
    Options

As usual on ebay that doesn't make sense at all either as an offer or grammatically? Can you link at all to the offer please as I can't find anyone else that has that strange terminology and it is useful to actually try and work out what they mean.

Exactly - not really an offer at all unless the item does not sell.

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/promos/6175/
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I hav e 'lost' my 100 free listings per month.

I now 'have' to click the make on offer button for the listing to be free, if I don't then it is 35p per listing.

I now have to check every single listing as I did get caught out (my fault) but equally I am running out of things to eby, but I have also been saying that for the last four / five years or so, and I still get 2 to 3 sales a week, of what I consider 'junk' items, it is all money on the coffers for my hols each year.

I just wish eby would stabalise its offers! but I do relise they have to keep up with the times etc.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills