Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Abbiedabbiedoo
    • By Abbiedabbiedoo 10th Jul 18, 4:51 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Abbiedabbiedoo
    Purchased fake bag
    • 10th Jul 18, 4:51 PM
    Purchased fake bag 10th Jul 18 at 4:51 PM
    I know Iím an idiot. Purchased a fake Louis Vuitton bag on a Facebook selling page. I collected it from her house and paid £600. It is such a good fake. I had it authenticated and it is fake. I have all the photos and messages back and forward but no receipt. I have sent a Rec delivery letter saying itís fake and I want my money back which she has signed. Any suggestions on what to do next thanks in advance
Page 1
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 10th Jul 18, 4:56 PM
    • 5,417 Posts
    • 4,589 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 10th Jul 18, 4:56 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 4:56 PM
    take her to court
    • Abbiedabbiedoo
    • By Abbiedabbiedoo 10th Jul 18, 4:58 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Abbiedabbiedoo
    • 10th Jul 18, 4:58 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 4:58 PM
    Yes I hope too not sure how to go about it? Any ideas
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 10th Jul 18, 5:27 PM
    • 10,620 Posts
    • 4,514 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 10th Jul 18, 5:27 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 5:27 PM
    Small claims court .
    Local Trading Standards for the fake .
    • Abbiedabbiedoo
    • By Abbiedabbiedoo 10th Jul 18, 6:11 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Abbiedabbiedoo
    • 10th Jul 18, 6:11 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 6:11 PM
    Any idea how I start proceedings or how much it costs thanks
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 10th Jul 18, 6:27 PM
    • 32,116 Posts
    • 20,203 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 10th Jul 18, 6:27 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 6:27 PM
    Any idea how I start proceedings or how much it costs thanks
    Originally posted by Abbiedabbiedoo

Google is your friend
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 10th Jul 18, 7:25 PM
    • 20,458 Posts
    • 16,246 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 10th Jul 18, 7:25 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 7:25 PM
    https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 10th Jul 18, 8:51 PM
    • 15,839 Posts
    • 21,761 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 10th Jul 18, 8:51 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 8:51 PM
    I know Iím an idiot. Purchased a fake Louis Vuitton bag on a Facebook selling page. I collected it from her house and paid £600. It is such a good fake. I had it authenticated and it is fake. I have all the photos and messages back and forward but no receipt. I have sent a Rec delivery letter saying itís fake and I want my money back which she has signed. Any suggestions on what to do next thanks in advance
    What did the letter you sent say?

Did you give her a deadline to refund by?

Do you now have a letter stating it is fake?

Before going down the small claims court route, you need to prove you have given the seller adequate time to refund you.

As it is such a good fake, I imagine the seller paid a decent amount for it? Although if it wasn't sold with a receipt then it is likely to be a fake.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • Abbiedabbiedoo
    • By Abbiedabbiedoo 10th Jul 18, 10:23 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Abbiedabbiedoo
    • 10th Jul 18, 10:23 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 10:23 PM
    Thanks for your reply yes I have her 2 weeks to respond to letter which she has signed for. I have a certificate of authenticity to say itís fake. I phoned a solicitor today. £100 for half hour appt. just thought maybe I could do something else. I had heard of small claims court but when I google it brings up other lawyers
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th Jul 18, 10:36 PM
    • 3,635 Posts
    • 4,802 Thanks
    waamo
    Post 7 has a link to all the information you need.
    This space for hire.
    • bigisi
    • By bigisi 11th Jul 18, 11:10 AM
    • 278 Posts
    • 494 Thanks
    bigisi
    I have a certificate of authenticity to say itís fake.
    Surely a "Certificate of Authenticity" would prove it's real (i.e. "Authentic"). What exactly have you got?
    • Autumnella
    • By Autumnella 11th Jul 18, 11:15 AM
    • 512 Posts
    • 2,231 Thanks
    Autumnella
    Don't bother with a solicitor. Send a "letter before action" giving 2 weeks pay and then start court proceedings, using the money claim link someone posted above.
    Make £10 per day-
    June: £100/£300
    • waamo
    • By waamo 11th Jul 18, 11:51 AM
    • 3,635 Posts
    • 4,802 Thanks
    waamo
    Don't bother with a solicitor. Send a "letter before action" giving 2 weeks pay and then start court proceedings, using the money claim link someone posted above.
    Originally posted by Autumnella
    Don't use signed for post either. It's a waste of money and does nothing to assist you.

Use ordinary first class postage and get receipt for posting. This is free from any post office. First class post is deemed to have been delivered unless the recipient can give credible evidence it wasn't.

Simply saying "never got it guv" is not credible evidence.
    This space for hire.
    • Gavin83
    • By Gavin83 11th Jul 18, 1:41 PM
    • 5,205 Posts
    • 8,490 Thanks
    Gavin83
    Don't use signed for post either. It's a waste of money and does nothing to assist you.

Use ordinary first class postage and get receipt for posting. This is free from any post office. First class post is deemed to have been delivered unless the recipient can give credible evidence it wasn't.

Simply saying "never got it guv" is not credible evidence.
    Originally posted by waamo
    What credible evidence would you suggest someone supplies to prove they didn't receive a letter?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 11th Jul 18, 2:31 PM
    • 3,635 Posts
    • 4,802 Thanks
    waamo
    What credible evidence would you suggest someone supplies to prove they didn't receive a letter?
    Originally posted by Gavin83
    No idea. Not my problem. That's why you use first class post. It makes it very difficult for someone to claim they didn't get it.
    This space for hire.
    • Gavin83
    • By Gavin83 11th Jul 18, 6:16 PM
    • 5,205 Posts
    • 8,490 Thanks
    Gavin83
    No idea. Not my problem. That's why you use first class post. It makes it very difficult for someone to claim they didn't get it.
    Originally posted by waamo
    It makes it very easy for someone to claim they didn't get it, prove they did!

I second several other posters on here, if you're sending legal docs (such as LBA) send it recorded. If the person states they didn't receive it the court will delay the case.
    • camelot1971
    • By camelot1971 11th Jul 18, 6:30 PM
    • 848 Posts
    • 1,262 Thanks
    camelot1971

I second several other posters on here, if you're sending legal docs (such as LBA) send it recorded. If the person states they didn't receive it the court will delay the case.
    You don't have to prove they did. The assumption is they did get it. They have to prove otherwise.
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 11th Jul 18, 6:37 PM
    • 9,777 Posts
    • 123,099 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Who authenticated the item to say it was a fake?

What type of document did they give you to say it is a fake?

Where is the fake item now? if it went back to LV for authentication, they keep the fakes, to get them off the 'street' so to speak, I know to my cost!

If you have the right documents, I would also suggest you contact your local trading standards, as they can be right B*****D, when dealing with fake goods, as I also know.
    Last edited by kazwookie; 11-07-2018 at 6:39 PM.
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky start date 29.01.18 28 to go / -14 so far and counting!!
    • George Michael
    • By George Michael 11th Jul 18, 6:44 PM
    • 3,117 Posts
    • 4,183 Thanks
    George Michael
    It makes it very easy for someone to claim they didn't get it, prove they did
    The only thing the sender has to prove is that they posted the letter.
    Whether it's an LBA, a NIP for a traffic offence or a parking fine then provided there is proof of sending, the intended recipient has to prove that they didn't receive it.

If I was dodgy and I thought that I was going to be receiving an LBA and a signed for letter arrived, I would refuse to accept the delivery then the sender wouldn't be able to prove delivery.
    With an unsigned for LBA, the onus would be on me to prove that I didn't receive it.

I know that this act doesn't cover all situations but:
    https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1978/30/section/7
    References to service by post.
    Where an Act authorises or requires any document to be served by post (whether the expression ďserveĒ or the expression ďgiveĒ or ďsendĒ or any other expression is used) then, unless the contrary intention appears, the service is deemed to be effected by properly addressing, pre-paying and posting a letter containing the document and, unless the contrary is proved, to have been effected at the time at which the letter would be delivered in the ordinary course of post.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 11th Jul 18, 6:51 PM
    • 3,635 Posts
    • 4,802 Thanks
    waamo

I think you have completely misunderstood the legal position. If you sent it they got it. You don't need to prove anything.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

690Posts Today

7,053Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte? https://t.co/z1CRJSkEO1

• About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

• RT @stevenowottny: 19/30 UK airports now charge you for spending 10 mins dropping someone off at the terminal - good investigation from @je?

• Follow Martin