Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • carcrazy
    • By carcrazy 5th Jul 18, 1:09 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    carcrazy
    Increase In Water Payment
    • 5th Jul 18, 1:09 PM
    Increase In Water Payment 5th Jul 18 at 1:09 PM
    Myself and my partner have recently moved in together each coming from seperate properties.

Severn Trent have said that our Monthly water bill will be 72.

We were both previously on metered connections, mine was 14PM partners was 16PM.

I have told Severn Trent that it is ridiculous to be charging 72 when our combined monthly was 30 on metered connection. I told them I would be paying nothing until a meter is installed. The previous occupant was only paying 57 so are Severn Trent trying to bend me over here?

So yesterday the engineer visited to install the meter and was unable to do so on the street as we have a shared supply to the property next door. He was also unable to install internally near the stopcock as it has been boxed and tiled in with only access to the tap.

Where does this leave us?
Page 1
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 5th Jul 18, 1:37 PM
    • 27,547 Posts
    • 13,516 Thanks
    Cardew
    • 5th Jul 18, 1:37 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 1:37 PM
    You should be offered an assessed volume tariff see:

https://www.stwater.co.uk/content/dam/stw/my-account/2018-19-charges/180111-SVT-HH-Summary-of-Charges-2018-19.pdf

Depends on type of property and if you have a soakaway for surface water. A semi will be approx 370pa or 325pa
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,458Posts Today

7,491Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's FRI Twitter poll: As everyone knows, you're a creative genius with an huge range of highly honed skills.? https://t.co/KV5FHAqK6v

• Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Follow Martin