Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 27th Jun 18, 5:42 PM
    • 391Posts
    • 141Thanks
    MSE Callum
    MSE News: Ticketmaster customers warned their data may have been stolen
    • 27th Jun 18, 5:42 PM
    MSE News: Ticketmaster customers warned their data may have been stolen 27th Jun 18 at 5:42 PM
    Ticketmaster UK customers' personal and payment information may have been accessed in an online 'security incident' earlier this year, the ticket sales company has warned...
    Read the full story:
    'Ticketmaster customers warned their data may have been stolen'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • acecco01
    • By acecco01 1st Jul 18, 1:57 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    acecco01
    • 1st Jul 18, 1:57 PM
    • 1st Jul 18, 1:57 PM
    Hi all, I've been affected by Ticketmaster's data breach.
    Has anyone complained to them asking for compensation? It'd be good to know.
    • Barny1979
    • By Barny1979 1st Jul 18, 3:02 PM
    • 4,284 Posts
    • 45,714 Thanks
    Barny1979
    • 1st Jul 18, 3:02 PM
    • 1st Jul 18, 3:02 PM
    Got the email on Friday, HSBC called yesterday and they've cancelled my card which is slightly incovenient
    • ben501
    • By ben501 2nd Jul 18, 6:29 AM
    • 418 Posts
    • 693 Thanks
    ben501
    • 2nd Jul 18, 6:29 AM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 6:29 AM
    Has anyone complained to them asking for compensation?
    Originally posted by acecco01
    On what grounds?

Has something happened that can be directly linked to a potential data leak? This would be very useful to know as it could help others look out for similar problems.
    • acecco01
    • By acecco01 2nd Jul 18, 8:34 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    acecco01
    • 2nd Jul 18, 8:34 AM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 8:34 AM
    On what grounds?

Has something happened that can be directly linked to a potential data leak? This would be very useful to know as it could help others look out for similar problems.
    Originally posted by ben501
    Well, they've emailed me saying my personal details (full name, full address, email address, telephone number) and my bank details have been compromised, and basically are in strangers' hands now. Anything can happen - not necessarily right now, it could be in a few months.

My bank has replaced my card - that's all...
    • ben501
    • By ben501 2nd Jul 18, 10:10 AM
    • 418 Posts
    • 693 Thanks
    ben501
    • 2nd Jul 18, 10:10 AM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 10:10 AM
    Well, they've emailed me saying my personal details (full name, full address, email address, telephone number) and my bank details have been compromised,
    Originally posted by acecco01

Useful to know, although I'm curious as to how they know which customers will have been affected as a result of a third party breach.

Still, the only message I've had is

As a result of Inbenta’s product running on the Ticketmaster UK website, some of our customers’ personal or payment information may have been accessed by an unknown third-party.

We are contacting you because you purchased, or attempted to purchase, tickets between February and June 23, 2018 and therefore may have been affected by the Inbenta incident.
    with no follow up, so hopefully that means my details are safe.
    • Lilium
    • By Lilium 3rd Jul 18, 9:49 AM
    • 240 Posts
    • 548 Thanks
    Lilium
    • 3rd Jul 18, 9:49 AM
    • 3rd Jul 18, 9:49 AM
    My details were stolen in this breach. I thought I was safe because my bank had already sent me a new card. I was very wrong.

They knew enough about me from this breach to get access to my credit report online, call my bank pretending to be me and get my old card reactivated! They then bought something very expensive!

Keep a very close watch on your bank, emails and credit reports if you think they've got your details.

• acecco01
    • By acecco01 4th Jul 18, 9:49 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    acecco01
    • 4th Jul 18, 9:49 AM
    • 4th Jul 18, 9:49 AM

with no follow up, so hopefully that means my details are safe.
    Originally posted by ben501
    That's very optimistic...
    • acecco01
    • By acecco01 4th Jul 18, 9:52 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    acecco01
    • 4th Jul 18, 9:52 AM
    • 4th Jul 18, 9:52 AM
    My details were stolen in this breach. I thought I was safe because my bank had already sent me a new card. I was very wrong.

They knew enough about me from this breach to get access to my credit report online, call my bank pretending to be me and get my old card reactivated! They then bought something very expensive!

Keep a very close watch on your bank, emails and credit reports if you think they've got your details.
    Originally posted by Lilium
    That's REALLY bad. That tells you how bad bank security is, if someone can simply call and pretend it's you...

I have paid my tickets by credit card rather than debit card, so hopefully at least my bank account side is not affected (considering that my credit card comes from a different company)
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 11th Jul 18, 11:44 AM
    • 780 Posts
    • 490 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    My credit card details were stolen in this. Not sure what else, unfortunately. Fortunately, my provider was on the ball and quickly noticed the fraudulent transactions. So that card was stopped and replaced.

Going to take Ticketmaster up on the 12 months free identity monitoring. But I haven't noticed anything else amiss, just yet.
    • El Rey
    • By El Rey 11th Jul 18, 11:47 AM
    • 343 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    El Rey
    This may just be the tip of the iceberg if this article is correct: https://www.zdnet.com/article/ticketmaster-breach-was-part-of-a-larger-credit-card-skimming-effort-analysis-shows/

Worrying times indeed!
    • El Rey
    • By El Rey 11th Jul 18, 11:49 AM
    • 343 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    El Rey
    Lilium - Who do you bank with? Their security processes need overhauling.

You should escalate the issues you mentioned with your bank and beyond.
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 14th Jul 18, 10:37 AM
    • 780 Posts
    • 490 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    Has anybody taken Ticketmaster up on there identity monitoring service offer? I see it's with Garlik, who are part of Experian.
    Is it worth having?
    • ben637
    • By ben637 17th Jul 18, 9:03 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ben637
    Not notified
    I made a purchase in May 2018 but have not received an email from TicketMaster. From the coverage it is my understanding that any purchase between Feb and June 2018 in the UK could be affected. The email is not in my junk! The first I heard about this was when my credit card was cancelled as a precaution. I have seen other providers have done the same. I wouldn't trust TicketMaster if they claim you are not affected, afterall they were first made aware of the breach months before and they investigated and dismissed the claims. They cannot be certain who is affected IMO.
    • flashg67
    • By flashg67 17th Jul 18, 7:24 PM
    • 2,631 Posts
    • 1,727 Thanks
    flashg67
    I made a purchase in May 2018 but have not received an email from TicketMaster. From the coverage it is my understanding that any purchase between Feb and June 2018 in the UK could be affected. The email is not in my junk! The first I heard about this was when my credit card was cancelled as a precaution. I have seen other providers have done the same. I wouldn't trust TicketMaster if they claim you are not affected, afterall they were first made aware of the breach months before and they investigated and dismissed the claims. They cannot be certain who is affected IMO.
    Originally posted by ben637

Exactly the same happened to me - no email, just a new debit card turned up out of the blue that my bank said was due to potential fraud although there was nothing on my account (yet)
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 25th Jul 18, 6:50 PM
    • 780 Posts
    • 490 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    Got a letter in the post today saying 'Thank you for registering at X'. I've never been to this company's site before, so looks like somebody is trying to get things in my name.

And I don't think it's a co-incidence either.
    • teezie
    • By teezie 3rd Oct 18, 8:17 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    teezie
    Just to update, I received that email in June. My bank did nothing...
    4 weeks ago my debit card was used to make several online purchases - Asda, Tesco, Amazon - only the Tesco one got delivered. Somehow they circumvented the verified by visa 'protection' which should kick in whenever having something delivered anywhere that isn't my billing address.

This weekend I received a text from my bank 'please respond yes or no if you attempted to make this purchase from lego online.
    Checked bank and credit card used this time for a few places. The system only picked up the one transaction though - yet again passed the Amazon security check.
    The bank asked me (Halifax) if I had any idea where my cards might have been compromised but it's taken me until today (when using ticket master again) to realise this was the one site I've used both cards.

So if you'd had that email many months ago - still cant be too careful .
    • T0M54
    • By T0M54 17th Oct 18, 10:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    T0M54
    Card comprised
    As per many others I believe I have being effected by this issue.

I today got a call re fraud on my cred card. Luckily it was caught by the bank prior to any amount purchase going through this time. The only breach I can think of is the Ticketmaster hack.

I may have missed it, by all means direct me to it, has any official statement re what/who’s data has being taken - obviously I believe my card details have being obtained (now cancelled) but is it also personal data - name/address/date of birth/contact numbers etc...

Are they contacting those effected or is just wait and see?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,483Posts Today

7,151Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MarieBlackett: @MartinSLewis Someone asked me if they could ?tappity tap tap? their card once. Made me giggle! As a retail worker I get?

• RT @NyeBeverage: @MartinSLewis I get "tap it" the most, working in a bar. "Ping it" is more common than you think, and makes me giggle.

• When you want to pay by contactless - what do you call it - I always say "I'll just beep it". What's your phrase?

• Follow Martin