Comments

• noh
    noh Posts: 5,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 June 2018 at 10:21AM
    Options
    CityOwl wrote: »
    From the TSB website;
    "To earn interest (which is paid monthly) just pay in a minimum of £500 a month and register for Internet Banking, Paperless Statements and Paperless Correspondence. It's important that you log in regularly, at least once every 12 months."

It may be worth checking that you are fulfilling the conditions above, and if you are, giving them a call tomorrow. It may be that they haven't sorted themselves out yet or that you have not logged in for over 12 months or the settings on your statements have changed with all the issues that they have been having...

Good luck :)

I haven't received the interest on my two accounts.
    Upon checking online to see if I have satisfied the criteria, which I know I have, I found that when trying to check if statements were set to paperless an error is returned stating that they are unable to retrieve the information.
    I suspect this is the reason why no interest has been paid to some this month. The status of statements, online or paper has been lost.

Edit:
    Just checked again, this time the status of statements was available, all are set to paperless so that is not the problem.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    £6.23 on my accounts. Thank you, TSB :)
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Options
    Chaykin wrote: »
    Got £6.23 as well although I had at least £1,500.00 in the account all month. Anybody knows where the 1p discrepancy comes from?

I believe that there was a directive to the computers at TSB to pay £6.23 to every 13th account, and £6.24 to the rest.

Unlucky for some. I doubt if it warrants a claim for compensation though.
  • billn
    billn Posts: 318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    I believe that there was a directive to the computers at TSB to pay £6.23 to every 13th account, and £6.24 to the rest.

Unlucky for some. I doubt if it warrants a claim for compensation though.
    This is complete tosh it's the 14th and 34526th accounts that are getting the extra 1p.

As you may be able to tell I am bored waiting on hold with TSB to sort out my interest.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you!
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,799 Forumite
    Options
    billn wrote: »
    This is complete tosh it's the 14th and 34526th accounts that are getting the extra 1p.

As you may be able to tell I am bored waiting on hold with TSB to sort out my interest.

I complained using the online form as I guessed it may be difficult to get through on the phone.
    Let us know how you got on.
  • billn
    Options
    I got it sorted in the end but I was on the phone for about an hour mainly on hold, I've got to say the staff were very helpful and I really feel sorry for them probably having to deal with irate callers.

This really has gone on for too long.
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    Options
    Can anybody remind me of the exact period and pay date for TSB current account interest?

Is the period from the day after the first working day of the month, to the first working day of the next month?

...and it's paid after close of business on the first working day?
  • billn
    Options
    I don't think they have got a clue about what happened, it seems to me that as soon as they sort out one problem it causes another one. As I said earlier it's the staff at the sharp end I feel sorry for, 6 weeks this has been going on and hardly a peep from the management of the bank.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Did they say what had happened?

As I have a couple of accounts more than I should have I'm reluctant to put my head above the parapet. I'd planned to wait until next month to see if it corrects itself.

We both know why you don't want to ring them. To remove one train of thought for you, mine paid
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    Options
    ceredigion wrote: »
    We both know why you don't want to ring them. To remove one train of thought for you, mine paid
    So did all of mine.

YorkshireBoy, have you checked they haven't trashed your SOs?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure