Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • josemvd1978
    • By josemvd1978 16th May 18, 10:23 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    josemvd1978
    Accidental refunded twice by investment platform
    • 16th May 18, 10:23 AM
    Accidental refunded twice by investment platform 16th May 18 at 10:23 AM
    Hi All:

During april 2018 i opened a LISA (AJBell). After opening the account i realized i went over my allowance for the year (i add my ISA with a diff provider). I instructed the AJBell to cancel my account immediately, as this was inside the cancellation period there was no issue with the cancellation however it took them almost 1 month to get my money back, as you might imagine at that point i was quite upset as it seems AJBell did not have a process in place to deal with LISAs.

After giving me back my money, i got another identical payment after 6 days. I have notified them of that situation via email but they are yet to contact me. I am keen on contacting via email to ensure i have records of the conversation.

Can you provide me with some feedback on what should i do next? It has been 3 days since i was told they will contact me. I am assuming that if this is an issue on their system they will realize and contact me. I have taken steps to notify them, so is it fair to say that i have done my bit? Or do i have to chase them actively to get them back the money?
Page 1
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 16th May 18, 10:28 AM
    • 3,602 Posts
    • 2,930 Thanks
    Alexland
    • 16th May 18, 10:28 AM
    • 16th May 18, 10:28 AM
    You have done your bit for now. If it has only been a few days give them time to investigate and leave the money in the account awaiting further contact. If you don't hear back for another week then I would contact them again.

Alex
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

137Posts Today

1,518Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin