Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KAT78
    • By KAT78 14th May 18, 10:15 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    KAT78
    Sainsbury’s credit card owe ME money
    • 14th May 18, 10:15 PM
    Sainsbury’s credit card owe ME money 14th May 18 at 10:15 PM
    I cancelled my credit card with Sainsbury’s mid March and received a confirmation letter Dated 5 April acknowledging this and stating they owed me Ł485.78. 2 weeks later I contacted them saying I had not received it... now numerous complaints to customer services then to the chief executives to no avail... various excuses... firstly I was told it had been paid ... er not in my account- I was then told by a customer service advisor that other people had had similar problems- then each day I’ve had phone calls asking if the money was back in my account?? Then finally last week I emailed the CEO of Sainsbury’s and the CEO of Sainsbury’s bank - funnily enough the executive person I spoke to was the same as customer service person?? I still don’t have my money 6 weeks later? They said it was paid to me but as can be seen my my bank account it has not!! How can I get this money back sooner rather than later whilst they ‘investigate ‘ it and can I request interest on amount they owe me and even request equivalent of late payment fees which they charge if I had of been late?
Page 1
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 15th May 18, 1:31 AM
    • 2,457 Posts
    • 1,129 Thanks
    Ben8282
    • 15th May 18, 1:31 AM
    • 15th May 18, 1:31 AM
    How did the account get into credit in the first place?
    Why did you choose to close the account with a credit balance rather than either spend the amount of the credit balance on the card first or request a refund of the credit balance prior to closing the account?
    Why were you in such a rush to close this account?
    • zx81
    • By zx81 15th May 18, 9:51 AM
    • 19,339 Posts
    • 20,653 Thanks
    zx81
    • 15th May 18, 9:51 AM
    • 15th May 18, 9:51 AM
    Then finally last week I emailed the CEO of Sainsbury’s and the CEO of Sainsbury’s bank - funnily enough the executive person I spoke to was the same as customer service person??
    Originally posted by KAT78
    That's because complaints get passed to the complaints team.

can I request interest on amount they owe me and even request equivalent of late payment fees which they charge if I had of been late?
    Originally posted by KAT78
    If you put those conditions on your credit agreement with them, then yes.

But obviously you can't make those terms up now if you hadn't already agreed them.
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 15th May 18, 12:57 PM
    • 6,856 Posts
    • 14,927 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 15th May 18, 12:57 PM
    • 15th May 18, 12:57 PM
    Firstly, emailing the CEO will not get you a response from a CEO. They won't have even seen it, it'll have gone to their secretary who will have passed it right back to the people you were trying to bypass.

Secondly, where does this credit come from? Its an unusual amount o have refunded onto a closed account...
    • keef-WhatStandards
    • By keef-WhatStandards 15th May 18, 7:11 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    keef-WhatStandards
    • 15th May 18, 7:11 PM
    • 15th May 18, 7:11 PM
    I've had a similar problem with Tescos. If you complain about a service it gets handled by the person you were complaining about. Surely this isn't right? They should at least have two peope working in such a department so that one can check the other?
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 15th May 18, 9:15 PM
    • 1,840 Posts
    • 961 Thanks
    nic_c
    • 15th May 18, 9:15 PM
    • 15th May 18, 9:15 PM
    Did you ask how they are refunding it? If they refund it by cheque, then that takes time. Has it been refunded or is it the refund has been requested. You need to exhaust the complaints procedure before escalating it
    • mrs T
    • By mrs T 16th May 18, 8:35 PM
    • 990 Posts
    • 1,185 Thanks
    mrs T
    • 16th May 18, 8:35 PM
    Refund
    • 16th May 18, 8:35 PM
    Phoned Tesco bank tonight for a refund of a credit balance on my cc caused by an insurance refund, they said it will be in my bank account within 2 days. Good work.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,331Posts Today

8,765Users online

Martin's Twitter