Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ruthbd
    • By ruthbd 11th May 18, 1:39 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ruthbd
    Energy Supplier thinks Iíve left them
    • 11th May 18, 1:39 PM
    Energy Supplier thinks Iíve left them 11th May 18 at 1:39 PM
    Can anyone help
    I recently contacted Green Star Energy as I hadnít received a bill from them since September and was worried that I would receive a very large one. I was horrified to be told that I had swapped supplier in February, I actually hadnít as my contracts ended in May and I would have incurred a £60 exit fee if I left early.
    Green Star Energy suggested that I rang to find out my current supplier using my MPAN number, I rang the number they gave me and guess what I got an automated message that said my current supplier was Hudson Energy who own Green Star Energy.
    I really donít know what to do know as I seem to be getting free energy but am terrified of getting an enormous bill.
    Does anyone have any suggestions please!
Page 1
    • Ectophile
    • By Ectophile 11th May 18, 9:09 PM
    • 3,206 Posts
    • 2,070 Thanks
    Ectophile
    • 11th May 18, 9:09 PM
    • 11th May 18, 9:09 PM
    Start by contacting them again, and telling them that you wish to make a formal complaint.

If you still can't get a sensible answer from them, escalate it to the energy ombudsman.

See https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/energy/raising-a-company-complaint
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
    • G_M
    • By G_M 13th May 18, 9:51 PM
    • 44,710 Posts
    • 53,167 Thanks
    G_M
    • 13th May 18, 9:51 PM
    • 13th May 18, 9:51 PM
    Meanwhile, two things:

* read your meter regularly and keepa record

* calculate how much you are spending aproximately, and put that money aside each week/month. That way even if you get a large back-datd bill it won't matter as you'll have the money waiting.
    • minty777
    • By minty777 14th May 18, 5:43 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 146 Thanks
    minty777
    • 14th May 18, 5:43 PM
    • 14th May 18, 5:43 PM
    Green star energy have gone from very good customer services and generally being very good all round to being the biggest balls up energy provider there is.I'll be moving when my latest deal ends,hopeless they are absolutely hopeless
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,464Posts Today

8,306Users online

Martin's Twitter