EGG (Barclaycard) PPI & Plevin

Options
Claimed for PPI I know I was paying on my Egg Card (which transferred to Barclaycard). I'd tried claiming previously and they just knocked me back - I didn't take this claim to the FCA.

Applied via Resolver, they reopened the case, looked at it again, have ruled to say they don't feel the PPI was mis-sold, but they paid out against Plevin. BC's text message to me is misleading '

I can see mention by Martin that banks might pay out due to Plevin and avoid returning the PPI for which I (like many) have claimed.

Should I now just refer the case of the FCA? Or are cases like this not worth the hassle?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Martin says a lot of strange things.

But if you rejection was less that 6 months ago, you can go to the Ombudsdman.

The FCA don't deal with customer complaints, so no point in going to them.
  • philzi
    philzi Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    FCA/Ombudsman - you knew what I meant :-)
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,821 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You have 6 months to refer a rejected complaint to FOS, after that it's time barred and doesn't have to be opened again unless bank agrees to it. You can't open a new PPI complaint and restart the clock, you get one go.

Plevin applies only to rejected complaints so you weren't miss-sold PPI but the commission was too high so you got that back which is a bonus
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure