Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • philzi
    • By philzi 17th Apr 18, 12:01 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 16Thanks
    philzi
    EGG (Barclaycard) PPI & Plevin
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:01 PM
    EGG (Barclaycard) PPI & Plevin 17th Apr 18 at 12:01 PM
    Claimed for PPI I know I was paying on my Egg Card (which transferred to Barclaycard). I'd tried claiming previously and they just knocked me back - I didn't take this claim to the FCA.

Applied via Resolver, they reopened the case, looked at it again, have ruled to say they don't feel the PPI was mis-sold, but they paid out against Plevin. BC's text message to me is misleading '

I can see mention by Martin that banks might pay out due to Plevin and avoid returning the PPI for which I (like many) have claimed.

Should I now just refer the case of the FCA? Or are cases like this not worth the hassle?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 17th Apr 18, 12:06 PM
    • 16,832 Posts
    • 17,836 Thanks
    zx81
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:06 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:06 PM
    Martin says a lot of strange things.

But if you rejection was less that 6 months ago, you can go to the Ombudsdman.

The FCA don't deal with customer complaints, so no point in going to them.
    • philzi
    • By philzi 17th Apr 18, 12:12 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    philzi
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:12 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:12 PM
    FCA/Ombudsman - you knew what I meant :-)
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 17th Apr 18, 12:29 PM
    • 4,514 Posts
    • 2,664 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:29 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:29 PM
    You have 6 months to refer a rejected complaint to FOS, after that it's time barred and doesn't have to be opened again unless bank agrees to it. You can't open a new PPI complaint and restart the clock, you get one go.

Plevin applies only to rejected complaints so you weren't miss-sold PPI but the commission was too high so you got that back which is a bonus
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,695Posts Today

7,495Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin