Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • capital0ne
    • By capital0ne 13th Apr 18, 6:59 PM
    • 412Posts
    • 203Thanks
    capital0ne
    Just used my full ISA allowance
    • 13th Apr 18, 6:59 PM
    Just used my full ISA allowance 13th Apr 18 at 6:59 PM
    I've just used up my full ISA allowance, when you get to a largish portfolio, it's meaningless to buy in anything less than 10k in my case because it would be such a small single digit percentage of my total sum. So i only invested in two equities.

I'm sure many of you have the same problem. Makes drip feeding a complete waste of time.
Page 2
    • k12479
    • By k12479 14th Apr 18, 1:54 PM
    • 360 Posts
    • 515 Thanks
    k12479
    I'm sure it was an oversight, but you must mean butlerS and chauffeurS, yes? It would be a waste only having one of each!
    Originally posted by Aegis
    I assume all domestic staff were told to report to the Great Hall where they were all addressed at once. To drip feed the conversation, informing each employee at once would be a complete waste of time, each employee being such a small percentage of the total workforce.
    • cmondynamite
    • By cmondynamite 14th Apr 18, 2:12 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    cmondynamite
    It's meaningless to buy in anything less than 10k ... I'm sure many of you have the same problem. Makes drip feeding a complete waste of time.
    Originally posted by capital0ne
    Erm, no!

Some of us don't have any option other than to drip feed.
    • capital0ne
    • By capital0ne 14th Apr 18, 5:09 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    capital0ne
    Do you use an IFA to help you manage your vast wealth?
    Originally posted by A_T
    I do, it would be madness not to!
    • capital0ne
    • By capital0ne 14th Apr 18, 5:10 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    capital0ne
    This has to be the funniest thread of the year, well done everyone!
    • John-K
    • By John-K 14th Apr 18, 5:52 PM
    • 516 Posts
    • 732 Thanks
    John-K
    I've just used up my full ISA allowance, when you get to a largish portfolio, it's meaningless to buy in anything less than 10k in my case because it would be such a small single digit percentage of my total sum. So i only invested in two equities.

I'm sure many of you have the same problem. Makes drip feeding a complete waste of time.
    What a bizarre post. It reads like you are trying to be boastful, but falling really short.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 15th Apr 18, 12:34 AM
    • 6,787 Posts
    • 7,033 Thanks
    eskbanker
    This has to be the funniest thread of the year, well done everyone!
    If only everyone was laughing with you, eh?
    • ivormonee
    • By ivormonee 15th Apr 18, 10:12 AM
    • 134 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    ivormonee
    I've just spent ages on the loo, doing a lot of p*o, because just doing some of it would mean I'd have to keep going back to do more which would be a waste of time.
    • Herbalus
    • By Herbalus 15th Apr 18, 10:22 AM
    • 1,975 Posts
    • 1,566 Thanks
    Herbalus
    Though if we actually do the maths on this, you only need a 200k portfolio for a 10k contribution to increase the pot by a "small single digit" (in this case 5%).

So it may not actually be that grand in the scheme of things. Certainly to reach 200k over 20, 30 or 40 years (including pensions) is eminently achievable, and in some circumstances possibly quite poor.

It's even reasonably probable that an IFA may not be interested in such a "largish" pot because several round my way turn their noses up at anything below 250k.
    • firestone
    • By firestone 15th Apr 18, 11:26 AM
    • 186 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    firestone
    I've just spent ages on the loo, doing a lot of p*o, because just doing some of it would mean I'd have to keep going back to do more which would be a waste of time.
    Originally posted by ivormonee
    thanks for not using the words lump & drip feed
    • ChesterDog
    • By ChesterDog 15th Apr 18, 12:08 PM
    • 873 Posts
    • 1,624 Thanks
    ChesterDog
    thanks for not using the words lump & drip feed
    Originally posted by firestone
    ...or pump and dump.
    I am one of the Dogs of the Index.
    • bowlhead99
    • By bowlhead99 15th Apr 18, 12:18 PM
    • 7,687 Posts
    • 14,052 Thanks
    bowlhead99
    ...or pump and dump.
    Originally posted by ChesterDog
    Two euphemisms, one cup.
    • firestone
    • By firestone 15th Apr 18, 12:58 PM
    • 186 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    firestone
    Two euphemisms, one cup.
    Originally posted by bowlhead99
    i really hope no one works this out
    • nomorekids
    • By nomorekids 15th Apr 18, 1:09 PM
    • 301 Posts
    • 244 Thanks
    nomorekids
    i really hope no one works this out
    Originally posted by firestone
    Unfortunately I did

op
    If you want to be rich, never get married and most definitely never have kids
    • capital0ne
    • By capital0ne 15th Apr 18, 1:42 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    capital0ne
    Though if we actually do the maths on this, you only need a 200k portfolio for a 10k contribution to increase the pot by a "small single digit" (in this case 5%).

So it may not actually be that grand in the scheme of things. Certainly to reach 200k over 20, 30 or 40 years (including pensions) is eminently achievable, and in some circumstances possibly quite poor.

It's even reasonably probable that an IFA may not be interested in such a "largish" pot because several round my way turn their noses up at anything below 250k.
    Originally posted by Herbalus
    Not even close
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 15th Apr 18, 1:45 PM
    • 1,124 Posts
    • 674 Thanks
    RG2015
    Not even close
    Gor Blimey, Mate!

You must be worth a bloody fortune!
    • bowlhead99
    • By bowlhead99 15th Apr 18, 2:26 PM
    • 7,687 Posts
    • 14,052 Thanks
    bowlhead99
    Gor Blimey, Mate!

You must be worth a bloody fortune!
    Originally posted by RG2015
    When you're worth a bloody fortune, even if you deserve it for your efforts, lots of people who don't even know you will presume you're probably a bit of a jerk and not too smart at all - the politics of envy.

So, trying to come off as anything other than a bit of a jerk is a complete waste of time. You're best just to embrace it and build your online persona around being wealthy and not the sharpest tool in the shed.

• RG2015
    • By RG2015 15th Apr 18, 2:32 PM
    • 1,124 Posts
    • 674 Thanks
    RG2015
    When you're worth a bloody fortune, even if you deserve it for your efforts, lots of people who don't even know you will presume you're probably a bit of a jerk and not too smart at all - the politics of envy.

So, trying to come off as anything other than a bit of a jerk is a complete waste of time. You're best just to embrace it and build your online persona around being wealthy and not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Originally posted by bowlhead99
    I thank that particular ship sailed quite a while back.
    • talexuser
    • By talexuser 15th Apr 18, 9:19 PM
    • 2,380 Posts
    • 1,872 Thanks
    talexuser
    I've just ignored my full ISA allowance, when you get to a largish portfolio, it's meaningless to buy in anything less than 20k in my case because it would be such a small 0.001 percentage of my total sum. So i only invested in Azerbaijan holiday homes and Thule island multi storey car parks.

• No_6
    • By No_6 15th Apr 18, 9:31 PM
    • 594 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    No_6
    But if you want to keep track of your money ?

you know where to go

MS money..... only on pc's though.
    • thenewcomer
    • By thenewcomer 16th Apr 18, 10:11 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    thenewcomer
    omg you guys are so funny lol possibly the first time i laughed while browsing MSE!!!

WELL DONE ALL!
    Aim to retire by 45.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,014Posts Today

6,622Users online

Martin's Twitter