Just used my full ISA allowance

Options

Comments

• mollycat
    mollycat Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Since I read the OP yesterday evening I've been outside with my head torch on counting every single blade of grass in my front garden, as because we all know by now, counting less than all of them would be a complete waste of time.

I'm too shagged out for biscuits, I'm off to bed. :(
  • rathernot
    rathernot Posts: 339 Forumite
    Options
    You could have simply posted "Look at how much money I have" but I guess that would have been a little crass and in poor taste.
  • A_T
    A_T Posts: 959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    capital0ne wrote: »
    I've just used up my full ISA allowance, when you get to a largish portfolio, it's meaningless to buy in anything less than £10k in my case because it would be such a small single digit percentage of my total sum. So i only invested in two equities.

I'm sure many of you have the same problem. Makes drip feeding a complete waste of time.

Do you use an IFA to help you manage your vast wealth?
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A_T wrote: »

I wouldn't enjoy being capitalOne's IFA but full credit to him for being such a good sport while we mercilessly mock his post.

Alex
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Options
    A_T wrote: »
    He doesn't need to because each £10,000 that he invests badly is such a small percentage of the overall portfolio that it's not worth spending money or time to get any assistance.
  • Spidernick
    Spidernick Posts: 3,803 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    capital0ne wrote: »
    I've just used up my full ISA allowance, when you get to a largish portfolio, it's meaningless to buy in anything less than £10k in my case because it would be such a small single digit percentage of my total sum. So i only invested in two equities.

I'm sure many of you have the same problem. Makes drip feeding a complete waste of time.

Thanks - I've just advised my butler and chauffeur to do the same. ;)
    'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my father. Not screaming and terrified like his passengers.' (Bob Monkhouse).

Sky? Believe in better.

Note: win, draw or lose (not 'loose' - opposite of tight!)
  • firestone
    firestone Posts: 520 Forumite
    Options
    Spidernick wrote: »
    Hopefully as well as paying well you have told them what to invest in or it will not be worth their time bothering
  • Aegis
    Aegis Posts: 5,688 Forumite
    Options
    Spidernick wrote: »
    I'm sure it was an oversight, but you must mean butlerS and chauffeurS, yes? It would be a waste only having one of each!
    I am a Chartered Financial Planner
    Anything I say on the forum is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as personal financial advice. It is vitally important to do your own research before acting on information gathered from any users on this forum.
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I just pay upfront and buy gentrified slaves. Drip feeding salaries to servant employees is frankly meaningless to me.
  • k12479
    k12479 Posts: 717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    I'm sure it was an oversight, but you must mean butlerS and chauffeurS, yes? It would be a waste only having one of each!

I assume all domestic staff were told to report to the Great Hall where they were all addressed at once. To drip feed the conversation, informing each employee at once would be a complete waste of time, each employee being such a small percentage of the total workforce.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure