Penny pinching on broadband help please

I have been using Plusnet for broadband only for over 10 years - current 2 year contract at £7.50 a month ends on 8th June. Line rental paid through line rental saver runs out with BT on 1st September(£17.40 a month).
Trying to work out a way of getting to a broadband and line rental combined package and ideally take advantage of a deal from topcashback. The plusnet offer on topcashback is for new customers only. Not sure what new customer actually means - is new customer dictated by address or name? Could easily transfer the broadband/line rental to my cohabiting girlfriends name.
PLEASE DO NOT STEAL
The Government will not tolerate competition

Always judge a man by the way he treats someone who is of no use to him

Comments

• NittyGritty
    NittyGritty Posts: 940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    if you haven't heard plusnet are raising their prices in june,

so if your thinking of leaving then you can get out of your contract early free of charge (once you receive your letter/email) and get any unused Line rental Saver back also

as for cheapeast use a comparison site, now tv 38mb fibre seems a good buy at £20 plus £70 cashback with quidco at the moment

most 17mb broadband are around the £18-20 mark so in effect you could double your speed for roughly same price

as for using different name I do that all time when I was with sky (different email address), 1 year in my name then other year in partners, works with sky not sure about plusnet tho
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I would expect a new customer means a new household so rthey would expect you to do a cease of the line which would cost you.
  • "Line rental paid through line rental saver runs out with BT on 1st September(£17.40 a month)."
    Does the o.p. mean Plusnet rather than B.T. for their line rental?
    That would complicate things if their broadband only is from PN.
  • Rhino666
    Rhino666 Posts: 559 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    if you haven't heard plusnet are raising their prices in june,
    so if your thinking of leaving then you can get out of your contract early free of charge (once you receive your letter/email) and get any unused Line rental Saver back also
    Would be great if I could end the BT line rental saver when my Plusnet broadband contract ends/price goes up and get the three unused months refunded.
    Why would BT agree to that? Thanks
    PLEASE DO NOT STEAL
    The Government will not tolerate competition

Always judge a man by the way he treats someone who is of no use to him
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    NO BT will not agree.
    I think @NittyGritty missed that your line saver is with BT but the broadband with Plusnet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure