Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rhino666
    • By Rhino666 10th Apr 18, 2:03 PM
    • 511Posts
    • 162Thanks
    Rhino666
    Penny pinching on broadband help please
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:03 PM
    Penny pinching on broadband help please 10th Apr 18 at 2:03 PM
    I have been using Plusnet for broadband only for over 10 years - current 2 year contract at 7.50 a month ends on 8th June. Line rental paid through line rental saver runs out with BT on 1st September(17.40 a month).
    Trying to work out a way of getting to a broadband and line rental combined package and ideally take advantage of a deal from topcashback. The plusnet offer on topcashback is for new customers only. Not sure what new customer actually means - is new customer dictated by address or name? Could easily transfer the broadband/line rental to my cohabiting girlfriends name.
    PLEASE DO NOT STEAL
    The Government will not tolerate competition

Always judge a man by the way he treats someone who is of no use to him
Page 1
    • NittyGritty
    • By NittyGritty 10th Apr 18, 2:22 PM
    • 955 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    NittyGritty
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:22 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:22 PM
    if you haven't heard plusnet are raising their prices in june,

so if your thinking of leaving then you can get out of your contract early free of charge (once you receive your letter/email) and get any unused Line rental Saver back also

as for cheapeast use a comparison site, now tv 38mb fibre seems a good buy at 20 plus 70 cashback with quidco at the moment

most 17mb broadband are around the 18-20 mark so in effect you could double your speed for roughly same price

as for using different name I do that all time when I was with sky (different email address), 1 year in my name then other year in partners, works with sky not sure about plusnet tho
    • Carrot007
    • By Carrot007 10th Apr 18, 2:29 PM
    • 1,143 Posts
    • 986 Thanks
    Carrot007
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:29 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:29 PM
    I would expect a new customer means a new household so rthey would expect you to do a cease of the line which would cost you.
    • oldagetraveller
    • By oldagetraveller 10th Apr 18, 3:20 PM
    • 3,100 Posts
    • 1,611 Thanks
    oldagetraveller
    • 10th Apr 18, 3:20 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 3:20 PM
    "Line rental paid through line rental saver runs out with BT on 1st September(17.40 a month)."
    Does the o.p. mean Plusnet rather than B.T. for their line rental?
    That would complicate things if their broadband only is from PN.
    Did you hear about the politician who had a backside transplant? It rejected him.
    • Rhino666
    • By Rhino666 10th Apr 18, 3:25 PM
    • 511 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    Rhino666
    • 10th Apr 18, 3:25 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 3:25 PM
    if you haven't heard plusnet are raising their prices in june,
    so if your thinking of leaving then you can get out of your contract early free of charge (once you receive your letter/email) and get any unused Line rental Saver back also
    Originally posted by NittyGritty
    Would be great if I could end the BT line rental saver when my Plusnet broadband contract ends/price goes up and get the three unused months refunded.
    Why would BT agree to that? Thanks
    PLEASE DO NOT STEAL
    The Government will not tolerate competition

Always judge a man by the way he treats someone who is of no use to him
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 10th Apr 18, 4:48 PM
    • 864 Posts
    • 684 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    • 10th Apr 18, 4:48 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 4:48 PM
    NO BT will not agree.
    I think @NittyGritty missed that your line saver is with BT but the broadband with Plusnet.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

225Posts Today

2,070Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin