Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • surveyor_101
    • By surveyor_101 5th Apr 18, 9:31 PM
    • 185Posts
    • 124Thanks
    surveyor_101
    PPS ticket
    • 5th Apr 18, 9:31 PM
    PPS ticket 5th Apr 18 at 9:31 PM
    My car got a ticket.

The Signs show bpa and ipc but the notice that!!!8217;s come is just ipc? Bit weird can they do that.

Any tips on dealing with them?
    Last edited by surveyor_101; 06-04-2018 at 5:54 PM.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Apr 18, 9:34 PM
    • 19,282 Posts
    • 24,525 Thanks
    Redx
    • 5th Apr 18, 9:34 PM
    • 5th Apr 18, 9:34 PM
    yes, all contained in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread near the top of this forum

there is nothing "weird" about being members of 2 trade organisations

I have 2 bank accounts with 2 different banks but all my standing orders and direct debits go out of just one of them
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • surveyor_101
    • By surveyor_101 5th Apr 18, 9:37 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    surveyor_101
    • 5th Apr 18, 9:37 PM
    • 5th Apr 18, 9:37 PM
    Can they ten pick and chose which appeals process they offer? Yeh letter doesnít show both?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Apr 18, 9:40 PM
    • 19,282 Posts
    • 24,525 Thanks
    Redx
    • 5th Apr 18, 9:40 PM
    • 5th Apr 18, 9:40 PM
    no , they can be corporate members of one or both trade organisations, but they can only pay for one of them for their ADR service, so in your case the IAS is paid for under the auspices of the IPC membership

the logos are different shapes depending which service they are using , so their BPA membership is just corporate membership only , no AOS

this has all been explained hundreds of times before on here , plus you only have to check the 2 websites and their AOS memberships to see which ADR the company uses because only one site will have them listed in the AOS section
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Apr 18, 9:48 PM
    • 19,282 Posts
    • 24,525 Thanks
    Redx
    • 5th Apr 18, 9:48 PM
    • 5th Apr 18, 9:48 PM
    its clear you have not read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread yet , as I knew this was already covered in there

Q - ''My PCN is from UKCPM, or UKCPS, or Millennium (etc.) and it/the signs say they are both BPA & IPC members?''

A - NO, THEY ARE NOT, AND PLEASE NO MORE THREADS ASKING THIS!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5784929
    Newbies !!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 5th Apr 18, 9:58 PM
    • 19,490 Posts
    • 30,836 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 5th Apr 18, 9:58 PM
    • 5th Apr 18, 9:58 PM
    Jeez, you've racked up enough of your own threads on here over the past couple of years regarding a variety of different PCNs, that by now you should be one of the regulars advising newbies, not asking newbie questions.

No wonder PPCs thrive!
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • surveyor_101
    • By surveyor_101 6th Apr 18, 7:38 AM
    • 185 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    surveyor_101
    • 6th Apr 18, 7:38 AM
    • 6th Apr 18, 7:38 AM
    Us just not come across someone claiming both.

Also wondered if their notice was pofa complaint etc.

It!!!8217;s for Cooper Associates County Ground in Taunton Somerset.

Seen press in the local paper that they used to offer free parking to blood donors but now pps just ticket anyone.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 6th Apr 18, 8:12 AM
    • 10,016 Posts
    • 9,854 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 6th Apr 18, 8:12 AM
    • 6th Apr 18, 8:12 AM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Apr 18, 9:38 AM
    • 37,323 Posts
    • 21,512 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 6th Apr 18, 9:38 AM
    • 6th Apr 18, 9:38 AM
    How many times have you seen advice here never to reveal who was driving?

Edit your post to remove details of who was driving
    • surveyor_101
    • By surveyor_101 6th Apr 18, 1:35 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    surveyor_101
    Not said who I am am or date how would they trace it?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Apr 18, 1:39 PM
    • 37,323 Posts
    • 21,512 Thanks
    Quentin
    Subsequent posts in your thread (eg correspondence/draft appeal/defence etc)
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Apr 18, 2:55 PM
    • 9,298 Posts
    • 9,577 Thanks
    KeithP
    Not said who I am am or date how would they trace it?
    Originally posted by surveyor_101
    Wow!!

Nineteen threads started on the Parking board and still you ask questions like that?
    • surveyor_101
    • By surveyor_101 6th Apr 18, 5:55 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    surveyor_101
    does anyone have a letter template for writing to the landowner.

I have submitted an appeal for my car with PPS.

I have one thats a tad aggressive and demands compo for data protection breaches.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Apr 18, 5:58 PM
    • 9,298 Posts
    • 9,577 Thanks
    KeithP
    There isn't one.

A person with your experience can surely write a simple letter - or even use the forum's search facility.
    Last edited by KeithP; 06-04-2018 at 6:03 PM.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Apr 18, 6:16 PM
    • 19,282 Posts
    • 24,525 Thanks
    Redx
    try the sticky thread SUCCESSFUL COMPLAINTS, that probably has some in it
    Newbies !!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Apr 18, 6:19 PM
    • 61,745 Posts
    • 74,640 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You could find one by reading the thread linked in the NEWBIES thread, called:

SUCCESSFUL COMPLAINTS ABOUT PPCS

...as people in those threads might have shown their letter.

But seriously, I wouldn't. You want to write from the heart, in your own words.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 17-04-2018 at 5:40 PM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • surveyor_101
    • By surveyor_101 12th Apr 18, 5:30 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    surveyor_101
    So they have decline my appeal letter from newbies and offered IAS.

They say the grace period is 10 minutes or thought the county ground website states 15 mins.

They have sent photos of the vehicle and not address my comments with regard to the ANPR footage showing the vehicle partly onsite and partly 9n public highway.
    • surveyor_101
    • By surveyor_101 12th Apr 18, 5:48 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    surveyor_101
    Their response>

Re: Parking Charge Notice Number )
    Site: The Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton Issue date:

Further to your appeal received on /2018 regarding the above parking charge, I have now had the opportunity to review this case and my findings are below.

Parking on this site is only for authorised users. These conditions are clearly displayed on the signage on site. As this vehicle was not authorised to park at this site due to the paid session expiring, we uphold the decision to issue the parking charge notice.

Firstly, you should be aware that if the driver fails to acknowledge their liability in relation to this matter, the registered keeper of the vehicle may become liable to pay any unpaid charges in accordance with the Protection of Freedom Act 2012.

If the driver wishes to appeal the parking charge they must do so directly to us within 21 days (beginning with the day after that on which the "Notice To Keeper" was issued). When appealing, the driver must supply a serviceable UK address.

Secondly, after considering the reply to your queries you wish to submit an appeal to us, either as Keeper or driver, you must do so within 21 days (beginning with the day after that on which the "Notice to Keeper" was issued.

1. No.
    2. Please find the enclosed photographs of the signage.
    3. Please find the enclosed photographs taken of the vehicle entering and leaving the site.
    The PCN has been issued as the paid for session expired.
    The ANPR cameras captured the vehicle entered the site at 07:58 on and leaving at 16:00 the same day.

We have searched our systems and can we see the payment that was made to authorise the stay of vehicle registration BBBBBB

Premier Parking Solutions Ltd Registered in England & Wales No. 06659134 VAT Number 938 2565 92

The parking session paid for expired at **** some 70 minutes before the vehicle exited the site.

We allow a 10 minute grace period on expired sessions which is enough time to purchase another valid ticket for parking and to return to your vehicle to display the valid ticket in windscreen, to activate a valid RingGo session to extend your stay or to remove your vehicle from site, as the conditions of parking states that this is a requirement of parking.

It was found that the parking session for this vehicle had expired and, as such, the vehicle was therefore not authorised to be parked on site. On this occasion more than 10 minutes grace was given and I therefore find that this charge had been issued correctly.

Payment for parking is just one of the terms and conditions of parking. For a vehicle to be authorised to park at this site all the terms and conditions of parking must be adhered to.
    The pay and display site is operated by cameras and therefore if the vehicle has not been authorised to park on site then a charge will be issued.

We are therefore unable to cancel the Parking Charge Notice as it was issued correctly. Please forward a payment of £60 to reach us by or £100 to reach us by in order to avoid Debt Recovery proceedings; incurring additional costs.

Payments can be made by cheque or postal order - payable to Premier Parking Solutions Ltd, or on our website - www.pps.uk.com

You have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure.
    Should you wish to appeal this matter further, the Independent Appeals Service (www.theIAS.org) provides an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme for disputes of this type. As you have complied with our internal appeals procedure you may use, and we will engage with, the IAS Standard Appeals Service providing you lodge an appeal to them within 21 days of this rejection.

Please note that if you wish to appeal to the Independent Appeal Service (IAS), you will lose the right to pay the charge at the discounted rate of £60, and, should IAS!!!8217;s decision not go in your favour, you will be required to pay the full amount of £100. By appealing to the IAS you consent to PPS sharing all data that relates to this case with IAS, and if necessary with the IPC and DVLA.

However, if your appeal is dismissed by IAS, we will use their adjudication in future Court proceedings, which may commence without delay and further costs may be added.
    Please be aware that if you pay the parking charge at either the full or reduced amount, you will not be allowed to appeal the matter to IAS.

If you choose to do nothing, we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery procedures and may proceed with Court action against you.
    Yours sincerely,
    Last edited by surveyor_101; 12-04-2018 at 5:51 PM.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Apr 18, 5:52 PM
    • 19,490 Posts
    • 30,836 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    However, if your appeal is dismissed by IAS, we will use their adjudication in future Court proceedings, which may commence without delay and further costs may be added.
    As your appeal will almost certainly be dismissed by the IAS, that's one very good reason why not to appeal to the IAS.
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • surveyor_101
    • By surveyor_101 12th Apr 18, 5:58 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    surveyor_101
    They have not addressed my additional comments that ANPR photos show the vehicle partially in site and partial on the footpath.

Also the county ground website states 15 minutes grace.

They have confirmed that the charge is not for breach of contract by putting no.

So what is the charge for ?

http://www.somersetcountycc.co.uk/news/club-news/changes-parking-cooper-associates-county-ground/
    Last edited by surveyor_101; 12-04-2018 at 6:06 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

141Posts Today

1,480Users online

Martin's Twitter