All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning MT

I read through your diary from the start yesterday - a lot has changed in a few months - all for the good though hopefully.

4 more weeks to go and no Y11 - enjoy!

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You're sounding on top of things.
    Just noticing that you are saying you feel a bit sluggish and tired more than a couple of times. I know that it could be your meds still bedding in, but is it possible you are anaemic? And just ignore me if I'm meddling.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Julie and Joey! Thank you for dropping in!
    Joey - I don't think I'm anaemic, just knackered! But I do have a nurse appointment next week so I'll ask her to check just to be on the safe side - thank you for suggesting it xx

It's been a long day but a good one. Parents have arrived safely at their hotel, leavers assembly went really well and the kids loved it, and my afternoon at my new school was fine. I was asked to stay for their SLT meeting after school so it was longer than I'd anticipated but all ok.

Managed to spend 2 hours in the garden after work as it was too hot to walk the dogs and had a little 30 min snooze on a lounger - not surprising really considering the time I got up.......
    Have since done two medium length dog walks - not too far as its warm for them - re-tidied the house now the visitors have gone (they make so much mess in such little time!) and done a load of washing and sorted the bins ready for the morning - the glamour of my life!
    Will be in bed early tonight - am shattered .....
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 26 June 2018 at 7:41PM
    Options
    Not a bad day - slept better than the night before (wasn't hard!) and woke up feeling like I'd had a sleep for once.
    Got lots done in work - observations, feedback, meetings, stuff for important meetings later this week and next week. Managed to leave at 3.30 and went to the vet to collect the dogs tablets (£72 but budgeted for) and then managed to flop in the garden with the dogs for a couple of hours.
    Just done one medium sized walk - it's still too warm for them really - and will do another later on this evening when it's cooled down a bit.
    Just stripped the bed and put it in to wash - it'll dry overnight in this heat. Will put fresh sheets on after tea - can't face the duvet fight until it's a bit cooler.

No work to do tonight thankfully and OH is up to his eyes in work so I've got the evening to myself. Need to iron something to wear tomorrow and have a little tidy round but other than that no plans. Will probably be bored stiff by 8.30....

Money news - the load of returns I sent back have been refunded - might not be a big deal for some people but sending unwanted things back is not a forte of mine ;)
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Another warm one today! I love it though - unfortunately the children in school and the dogs don't ......
    Had a fairly productive day in work and managed to leave earlyish to spend some time in the garden with the dogs. Had a vet appointment at 5pm to look at a rather large lump that's appeared on the dogs lower abdomen in the last two days - I thought it might be a hernia but the vet says not, either a fatty lump surrounded by fluid or something more sinister. It's not bothering him at all so we've decided to leave it for a week to see whether it gets bigger or hardens ( it's soft to touch). £26 charged but worth it to stop me panicking.

Have since had another hour in the garden waiting until it was cool enough to walk the dogs, then did a slow 30 min stroll with them to tire them out a bit - they're struggling in the heat.
    Just been pottering around, doing a little bit of work, tidying the kitchen and putting washing away, trying on my prom dress for tomorrow and just faffing about. Am now officially bored......

Got my pay slip today, even though I don't get paid until Friday, and there's some overtime paid. I might have a go at sorting a budget ready if I get desperate for something to do - there's absolutely nothing on the telly.......
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I rarely do online shopping as things never get returned :o
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Evening all! Another beautiful day!
    Good job it was nice today as I think I might have slept standing up otherwise! Last night was the year 11 prom (my responsibility) and it was a late night but a successful one - all the students thoroughly enjoyed it from somewhere underneath three layers of spray tan and false eye lashes (and that's just the boys! :) )
    Got home really late as I had to wait for the last child to be safely picked up and then couldn't sleep - think I had 3 hours in total before having to get up to walk the dogs.....
    I had my formal observation today too - could have done without it but it was fine, good feedback and the kids were great. On top of that I taught another 2 lessons, had 2 meetings and did a wodge of data analysis. I was shattered by 3.30 and so snuck off home - think I was one of the last out of the building though, everyone seemed to have the same idea.
    Promptly fell asleep in the sun in the garden for an hour and then took the dogs to the park and bought some nice fresh bread and cheese for a simple tea in the garden with a cold beer. Thoroughly enjoyed it too - just couldn't face cooking today.

It's pay day today (hurrah!) and I've spent the last hour sorting out the finances and moving money around in various accounts and paying the bills. I've managed to pay £500 towards the holidays (I have £800 in spending money put to one side already), some money into the Xmas account, and £150 into a contingency account and move money for haircuts, dog tablets, a colleagues' leaving do night out next week, petrol, and the last day of term night out so I don't spend it until I need it.

This month I'll need 3 weeks worth of groceries as we're going to Greece on the 25th July so have budgeted £150. I've budgeted £300 spending money for the month (in addition to the things listed above), should be plenty.

I did well at sticking to budgets last month so will try to do the same over the next 3 weeks before we go away on holiday number 1 :)

Just need to do a few little jobs this evening - the spare room bed has been stripped and is currently in the washing machine, I need to Hoover and dust the house and clean the wooden floors so I don't need to do it tomorrow and write a shopping list for the morning.
    Want to try to have a rest this weekend - I have to represent the school at a local primary school fete for an hour or two tomorrow (not my idea of fun at all!!) but other than that I have no plans. OH is away on Sunday visiting his son so I'll see him tomorrow and have Sunday to myself.
    Right, I'll sort the cleaning, watch a bit of telly and go to bed - need a good sleep.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Morning all!
    Was awake by 6am but did sleep fairly well so feel better today. I waited until 7am then took the dogs to the park for an hour while it was still cool so they could have a run around - it was like they'd been let loose! They don't like the heat and plod around but it was still early so they made the most of it - nice to see them with a bit of life :)

Have also been for a 4k run - it was boiling! Would have liked to have done 5k but in the circumstances (haven't run since last Sunday due to work, having to take the dogs out early and late and the heat) it was better than nothing. Will go again tomorrow, maybe a bit earlier, I didn't go until 9am and the extra hour added about 5 degrees to the temperature!

Had a potter about and cleaned the kitchen and done the bins and cleaned the wooden floors, just still need to whip the Hoover round.
    Going to pop to aldi now though for the weekly shop then later I have to do the primary school thing but am determined to only stay for an hour and a half. Will hopefully spend the rest of the day chilling out with the dogs and OH. No work today!
    Right, better get the shopping done.....
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm so impressed with your running in this heat. I haven't been for over a week now - partly open blisters and then just too warm - OH is threatening me that we must go tonight however but we'll see.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• mumblingtaff
    Options
    It was boiling joey even early on.

Done the shopping at Aldi and B&M for toiletries. £50 spent in total, on budget with £100 left.
    Also been to the primary school fete for an hour and a half, long enough to show my face - I'm not a fan of small children!

Now safely installed in the garden with the dogs and will stay here until I know what OH is doing. I could happily live in the garden if it wasn't for the hay fever!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure