Debt free living and looking to the future.

Options

Comments

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    A belated HAPPY EASTER to everyone.

Yesterday was a NSD, we went to visit relatives and then did some bits at home, I used a sample pot to paint one of the kitchen cupboards and I love the colour it's a sage green so I've used my amazon vouchers to order some paint so once that arrives I can start painting all the cabinets. Couple of items sold on ebay yesterday but I have left money in paypal for now as there is a few house bits we need and will use this money instead of from the bank account.

Plans for today are to go and tidy up at rental property, quite cross with DH as he checked the house when the tenants moved out last week and said it was clean and tidy and gave them their deposit back, I popped in yesterday and every room was clean and tidy except for the kitchen which had food stains all over the work tops, cupboards have food splashed on them, oven is filthy with dirty greasy trays left, cupboards still had food in them and hadn't been wiped out, freezer still had food in it and not defrosted and clean and the fridge was disgusting, spilt curdled milk in the bottom and the shelves all dirty, so I have to go and clean that today as new tenants move in at the end of the week. First and last time I will trust DH with that job :mad:.

Need to get some bits listed on ebay this afternoon and catch up with some ironing and housework, quick check of finances and a TT of 3p this morning:D, won't be a NSD as I need to go and buy oven cleaner etc :mad:.

To do today
    Finances
    ebay
    Ironing
    surveys
    yoga at some point.
    Clean rental house.

To do this week
    Ebay listing
    Surveys
    General housework.

Finances today
    3p TT to general savings.
    Weekly Grocery budget 23/3/18 - 29/3/18 £100/£35
    NSD 1
    personnel spends £50/£15.25
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Found you again Pennywise! Had found you previously but forgot to subscribe ha!

How annoying that DH has given them the deposit back. I bet they were chuffed getting away with that! I could never leave a house the way some people do :mad:.

Hope you're enjoying the Easter holidays xx
    Mummytogirls x

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Found you again Pennywise! Had found you previously but forgot to subscribe ha!

How annoying that DH has given them the deposit back. I bet they were chuffed getting away with that! I could never leave a house the way some people do :mad:.

Hope you're enjoying the Easter holidays xx

It's really annoying, I also noticed yesterday that one of the curtain poles is broken, all the curtain rings from the poles in the house have gone and the sink plugs are missing, so all need replacing and although each is a small spend it soon adds up, DH is now :mad: with himself for not being more thorough.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning onwards and upwards today.

Not a huge amount planned for today, just a quick trip to the PO and then into a shop for tea bags, This month is duck bottom tight as I have paid the deposit on DS school trip and have DD tutor to pay (pay in half term blocks), me and DH are also away at the end of the month and need some spend for that.Sothe plans are to eat as much from stores as possible whilst I am off for Easter holiday as it is much easier to cook from scratch, tonight we are having a sort of carbonara except bacon has been swapped to ham and parmesan cheese is being replaced with strong cheddar, i'm sure it will taste yummy. Kids have loads of Easter eggs so i'm not making treats until they have gone, lunch today is either left over soup, sandwiches or crumpets and fruit.

To do today
    Finances
    ebay listing.
    Washing x 2
    surveys
    yoga at some point.
    take ebay parcels to PO.
    Buy Tea bags.

To do this week
    Ebay listing
    Surveys
    General housework.
    Paint kitchen units/cupboards.
    Farmers paperwork.

Finances today
    78p TT to general savings.
    Weekly Grocery budget 23/3/18 - 29/3/18 £100/£35
    NSD 2
    personnel spends £50/£15.25
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    PO run done and spent £4.35 on tea bags and reduced pork steaks used change out of purse to pay. I have turned off CH and lit woodburning stove, washers on and will hang on airer to dry as its raining out, really need to cut down on electricity use and have spent a fortune on oil for the CH this year, just hope summer is hot and sunny.
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All sounding very productive PW...I am with you on hoping that its a hot and sunny summer and we all get to peg out loads :)
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    pennywisepoundstupid Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 3 April 2018 at 6:17PM
    Options
    Ok been going through this months finances and i'm short by £300, now I could take from savings but I want to avoid this at all costs.

Outgoings -

Bills (direct debit) £87.
    Food (eating from stores as much as possible) hopefully will be less than £300 Also have a £20 gift card from M&S on the way
    Tutor £156.
    Hair cut £40
    Fuel £100
    Weekend away £250
    Total £933

Income - bank account £450
    Child benefit £137
    Paypal £55.
    TOTAL £642

Basically I need to make enough money for our weekend away at the end of the month So surveys and ebay needs to be my priority along with trying to cut the grocery spends back. Hopefully i will receive some money from relatives for my birthday in a couple of weeks time which i can use for the weekend away.

Other needs but can wait -
    BB cream.
    Mascara
    Dog bowl.
    Another tin of paint for kitchen units (have enough amazon vouchers if i need this).

Thankfully i have put money away for DS birthday, so that one is covered.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,416 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    At least you know where you are with finances and can cut back in some areas. Could the haircut wait another month? Good luck with it anyway :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ouch to tutor, but am sure its worth it. Hope you enjoy your time away, am sure you will x
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    At least you know where you are with finances and can cut back in some areas. Could the haircut wait another month? Good luck with it anyway :)

Hair is a mess wild and woolly, it could but I want it to look nice for going away (excuses I know). I'm pretty determined to make this money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure