IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN in own car park, please help!

Options
Hi,

I have read a lot of the FAQ threads and advice but would like to confirm I'm doing the right thing. There was a PCN on the car I am the registered keeper of on 10/2/18. I have unhelpfully ignored it until now due to frustration/being busy.

The car was parked in the car park behind my block of flats. Recently, we received permits and signs went up to inform us that Premier Park Ltd would be monitoring the car park.

Today I have received the notice to keeper. It seems to be in accordance with the paragraph of whatever, although unfortunately I can't find the original PCN to confirm that had all the required details.

There is a permit in the car, though it had slipped from the dashboard onto the floor.

I was planning to complete the appeal with the standardised template available on here, is that the correct thing to do?

Just wanted to clarify I don't need to do anything differently as the car was parked in the resident's car park of the flats which the keeper of the vehicle is resident in.

Hope this makes some sense!!

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I was planning to complete the appeal with the standardised template available on here, is that the correct thing to do?
    Yes, then try POPLA, you might lose, so what.

Ignore them after that unless they try a claim, most are winnable. Premier Park are not prolific!

What happened when you complained to your Managing Agent about this unwarranted load of tripe at your home:
    Recently, we received permits and signs went up to inform us that Premier Park Ltd would be monitoring the car park.

You should be THIS angry about this entire rip-off cash cow threatening you, that you did not ask for, I am sure:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74045411#post74045411

Example letter I just wrote for someone being bothered by a solicitor and PPC harassment.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • NurseRhi
    NurseRhi Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I have intermittently been incredibly riled up at the company managing the property, this might be the push I need to send them an angry letter. Thank you!
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What does your lease/AST say abut parking/permits? This will have primacy of contract over anything a third party (the scammers) may say.

It is very important.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • NurseRhi
    Options
    Should I also note that there was a permit that had slipped?
  • NurseRhi
    Options
    I have lived here for over a year - leasehold. As the permits were only introduced approximately 3 months ago and I have never received new paperwork I suspect the formal documents don't say anything.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 19 March 2018 at 7:59PM
    Options
    NurseRhi wrote: »

Nonononono, and more no. Just the template.
    I have lived here for over a year - leasehold. As the permits were only introduced approximately 3 months ago and I have never received new paperwork I suspect the formal documents don't say anything.
    I would write to the MA and ask why they have inflicted without consent, an ex-clamper firm into the development, and what steps have they taken to ensure PP don't operate against the residents by targeting them, and why they have not simply created a 'white list' of VRNs that are exempt/owned by the residents. Rather than expect residents to display a permit which puts them at risk of a PCN of £100 as soon as it 'slips down' when anyone leans on the car...like clampers used to, years ago.

State that this is a derogation from grant as you have primacy of contract. If you have been sent a permit, return it and say you opt out and refuse to allow this nuisance & harassment.

How do you THINK that permit slipped down then? Think about it, what clampers used to do...

Maybe only complain AFTER you've written a simple email asking nicely for the MA to step in & cancel. Try the nice approach first, then if they refuse, you have grounds to really bare your teeth and snarl!
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ... and dig out your lease/AST. It is crucial that you do what you are being told.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

no , it is there job to prove their case, do not help them

they are "supposedly" employed to keep unwanted cars out of the car park, not to harass residents

DEFINITELY complain to the MA and get them to cancel it on the basis that residents do not have to suffer these issues and there is nothing in the lease that was signed about showing permits etc
  • NurseRhi
    Options
    Hello, hoping for further advice -

As expected, my appeal to the company was rejected, I have a number for a POPLA appeal...

I've found a section in my lease agreement that seems to guarantee me the right to park with no limitations and no mention of permits - is this all I need to put in my appeal?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    No, it's not.

It is one point, then after that:

- the fact the regime was 'recent' (how recent) and that no sufficient time was allowed for residents to familiarise themselves with any signage which was new to the location. Should have had much more prominent signs alerting people to the £100 onerous term.

- the fact that the paperwork that came with the permit did not warn of £100 charge nor refer to additional terms on signage at all, which therefore cannot be bolted on to the permit scheme, due to the charge not being brought adequately to the notice of residents

- the usual templates about no landowner authority, and dodgy signs.

BTW, why on EARTH did the residents agree to this nuisance being imposed on you? Serious question, - WHY have you (a resident with prior free rights to park) agreed to display a permit at all, and become possibly 'liable' for horrendous charges from an ex-clamper on the loose?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure