Personal fuel card? (not business)

l.r.p1992
l.r.p1992 Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 9 March 2018 at 12:07AM in Motoring
For money management purposes, i would like to know if there is anyway to pre pay for fuel monthly or top up a card i can only use for fuel, but researching it only seems the way to do this is a fuel card and that is a business thing, i dont own a business im wanting it for personal use.

Is there anything i can use that will work?

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

regards,

Comments

• wgl2014
    wgl2014 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    If you only have £30 left after paying out for your current bills how are you going to be able to put an additional £230 away for fuel?
  • l.r.p1992
    edited 9 March 2018 at 12:06AM
    Edited post
  • l.r.p1992 wrote: »
    no thats after the £230 the £230 i see as an expense, the £30 is to spend on cigs etc...

Well, obviously one thing you could do to save a few quid is quit smoking.
  • wgl2014
    wgl2014 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    Ok, I have had a quick Google and can't see anything obvious.

An option would be to have a separate 'reward' credit card set up to be paid off in full on your payday. No interest and you're getting something back as well. The caveat with this would be not to get tempted to use it for other purchases and run up some debt!
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If you want to prepay, then just get a prepay credit card that you mentally earmark for fuel.
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/prepaid-cards
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    l.r.p1992 wrote: »
    For money management purposes, i would like to know if there is anyway to pre pay for fuel monthly or top up a card i can only use for fuel, but researching it only seems the way to do this is a fuel card and that is a business thing, i dont own a business im wanting it for personal use.

Is there anything i can use that will work?

What are you going to do when you've run out of money on it and need to put more fuel in? Put more fuel in, that's why its a daft idea.

You'd do better sorting out your personal finances where you're actually wasting money on crap and overpaying on stuff.
  • l.r.p1992
    edited 9 March 2018 at 10:42PM
    I don't use the car for anything other than work travel and it comes out at £50 a week, that's why i said £230, im paid a fair wage, but i am in a lot of debt and pay monthly repayments and payments toward rent ect, as soon as i get paid, i have £60 to spend on myself spear, so i dedicate £30 extra to fuel if i go slightly over which i very rarely do.
    I want a way where i can not only pay all needed payments on the day i get paid, but ensure that the £230 can go out the same day aswell, for the months fuel. Pre paid card sounds absolutely amazing and would solve all my problems, but you need a business for some odd reason which is the annoying part.
  • John-K_3
    John-K_3 Posts: 681 Forumite
    This makes no sense at all. Decide how much you have for petrol, withdraw it from the bank, spend it on petrol.

Why on Earth are you trying to complicate things?
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Pre paid card sounds absolutely amazing and would solve all my problems, but you need a business for some odd reason which is the annoying part.
    No, you don't.

You just need to follow that link to MSE's pick of pre-paid cards, and decide which one you want.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I don't use the car for anything other than work travel and it comes out at £50 a week, that's why i said £230, im paid a fair wage, but i am in a lot of debt and pay monthly repayments and payments toward rent ect, as soon as i get paid, i have £60 to spend on myself spear,
    No you don't, you have a lot of debt. You therefore have no such thing as spare money until you've repaid that debt. What you do mean to say is you have £60 to spend on repaying your debt. If you'd spent that "spare" money on repaying your debts then most likely one or more of them would be gone by now so you'd not be living almost hand to mouth assuming you could control your impulse buying.
    I want a way where i can not only pay all needed payments on the day i get paid, but ensure that the £230 can go out the same day aswell, for the months fuel. Pre paid card sounds absolutely amazing and would solve all my problems,

No it won't because your main problem is your inability to control your spending and this does nothing at all for that.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback