Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Althea
    • By Althea 7th Mar 18, 9:57 AM
    • 89Posts
    • 135Thanks
    Althea
    Advice: Egg card reclaim questions
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:57 AM
    Advice: Egg card reclaim questions 7th Mar 18 at 9:57 AM
    Hi - I've claimed for PPI against an Egg card I had years ago. Barclays have replied and confirmed I did have PPI, but have asked for further information, asking for details of things I just don't have anymore such as what was my salary at the time. This was years ago, and I didn't keep my payslips as I believed I didn't need them anymore, so I have no idea how I can answer their 'additional information' questions if I don't have the info they're asking for. I wasn't expecting them to be asking for such details, is this usual?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member No 239
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Mar 18, 10:02 AM
    • 17,288 Posts
    • 18,403 Thanks
    zx81
    • 7th Mar 18, 10:02 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 10:02 AM
    Yes, it's usual.

If you don't know, tell them you don't know.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 7th Mar 18, 11:06 AM
    • 20,483 Posts
    • 11,353 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:06 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:06 AM
    If you don't know, tell them you don't know.
    Originally posted by zx81
    Yes, the complaint will not stand or fall on this information alone.
    • Althea
    • By Althea 7th Mar 18, 11:07 AM
    • 89 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    Althea
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:07 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:07 AM
    Ok, thanks, I was just worried it would depend on knowing what my salary was back then.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • foreversummer
    • By foreversummer 8th Mar 18, 10:11 AM
    • 836 Posts
    • 357 Thanks
    foreversummer
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:11 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:11 AM
    Hi

I hope you don't mind me asking, but where do you claim for the Egg card/loan. Everyone seems to be saying Barclays but on the FCA website I get directed to Citi.
    • Althea
    • By Althea 8th Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    • 89 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    Althea
    • 8th Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    The original claim went to Citi, who then forwarded it on to Barclays and sent me a letter to say they were doing this.

Hi

I hope you don't mind me asking, but where do you claim for the Egg card/loan. Everyone seems to be saying Barclays but on the FCA website I get directed to Citi.
    Originally posted by foreversummer
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

742Posts Today

6,792Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This tweet made me reread my 'How to Vote in the EU referendum' guide - quite interesting to realise how little has? https://t.co/lFQaSSqUGj

• Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Follow Martin