Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dinar
    • By Dinar 13th Feb 18, 5:32 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Dinar
    PCN on private land, what are my options?
    • 13th Feb 18, 5:32 PM
    PCN on private land, what are my options? 13th Feb 18 at 5:32 PM
    Hi there,

I live in an apartment complex where NSGL are employed to manage the parking. I'm allowed two parking spaces by the actual management company of the complex. However, NSGL require a parking permit to be clearly displayed in the car. I've been unable to access said permit (not due to the management of the park) and consequently I have been "fined" 80. I received the PCN on the 8th of January 2018 and I've just recently received a Notice to Keeper letter from NSGL dated the 9th of February 2018. I would of course prefer not to pay the fine and just appeal. I have tried my best to go through the Newbies thread, and though very helpful, it is rather confusing and I'd be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I appreciate all and any help, thanks very much!
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Apr 18, 12:17 AM
    • 64,896 Posts
    • 77,462 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    https://gyazo.com/ab5ef1db956a4c5a71250614926f42a4

Hmm, quite surprising that NTK, it's likely to be held compliant by POPLA, IMHO, despite the fact there is no actual 'period of parking' stated. Which is something & nothing to POPLA.

have you got the permit now, and any useful emails from the MA apologising for why you were missed?
    Get proof, to show that you were never issued with a permit and that your tenancy agreement granted you the right to park/2 spaces/the communal area with/without a vehicle (if it does?).

Otherwise, who told you and what was given in writing that mentioned parking? Show us the thing that granted you this:

I'm allowed two parking spaces by the actual management company of the complex.
    You can't have imagined it so it must have been confirmed somewhere?
    • Dinar
    • By Dinar 11th Apr 18, 8:04 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Dinar
    The permit is for the parking space itself, so as long as you hold a permit, regardless of whether you live in the complex, you can park there according to NSGL. So even though the permit was issued (which I found out at a later date), it was not in my possession and neither was it in use.

In the lease it states "The right to use of the Parking Space as designated by the Lessor or the Manager from time to time for the purpose of parking private motor vehicles...". That's all they say about parking. The management "advised" us that we have two allocated parking spaces due to the nature of the type of apartment I live in. But I don't believe I have any written proof of that currently. However, I'm sure that this information would be in their sort of rules and regulations.
    • Dinar
    • By Dinar 13th Apr 18, 7:23 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Dinar
    By the way, this was the "quick draft", its basically just a copy. I think it'd be sufficient as I believe I stand on pretty firm ground already (due to the fact that its "my" parking space).

Draft - Link
    • Dinar
    • By Dinar 17th May 18, 5:00 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Dinar
    Thanks for all your help guys! I won the appeal, they were not able to supply any evidence
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th May 18, 1:51 AM
    • 64,896 Posts
    • 77,462 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    heheheee!! Well done!

PPC throws in the towel when faced with yet another 'kitchen sink' POPLA appeal!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

361Posts Today

2,288Users online

Martin's Twitter