PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 8th February 2018

Options

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning lovelies :wave:

Weather not really doing anything yet just greyish. don't think its as cold but haven't ventured out yet.

Heading up to the hospital this morning to attend an education session on the hip replacement. Could do without it as i remember all the rules and must dos from the last one but as its a different hospital then I guess they could do things a different way. Its a couple of hours so that will be a fiver for parking :(

Looking forward to lunch though off to a Miller and Carter with a friend for what will no doubt be a long lazy lunch and a good gossip :D

Not much else planned for the day and no food needed although I may grab a cheeky teacake at the wrvs which somehow always taste better than when I do them myself :)

Have a lovely day all xx
  • Gintotmelinda
    Options
    Morning all

Grey here but not so cold today.

Up with the lark as DH is taking DD to get a new car seat for DGD as he is nearly 4. Mothercare are having a sale.

So I have stripped the bed and put a load of other washing in. DH will re make the bed later.

Don't know what's for tea, I may make a bean chilli. There is a portion of steak and mushroom pie left from yesterday for DH's lunch.

Holly H glad you could get out for a nice walk yesterday. JackieO sounds like you had a great birthday,

Well hugs and spoons all round. Have a nice day and keep warm. I can hear a mug of coffee calling.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread nmlc and hugs to all those in need.

It's cold here, the cut was frozen when I left the boat at 8 this morning, I sorted out the stove, topped it up and cleared the kitchen before I left.
    I'm at DD2's and have been since 9, she went for an interview earlier in the week, got the job and is training today, tomorrow and all next week. So I am providing childcare for dgd3 nd dgd10 who is off sick and has been all week.
    She is finally on the mend as she ate for the first time in a week last night.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning, dry and fairly bright here so far, if there was frost it had cleared early.

Got to get my (casual) glad rags on we are off to an early birthday buffet lunch at a friend's house to anticipate his birthday soon, will be 94 and is still fit and cycling! A very mixed, but fun and interesting collection of people normally, so looking forward to it. I am packing some GF oatcakes as it is help yourself to fillings and make your own rolls for lunch.

Thank you for the new thread nmlc, hope that you have productive meetings regarding your mum. Hugs and spoons to all.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning everyone and a bright and sunny morning today here in Kent.I have got the washing machine on at the moment and with luck I will get the stuff out on the line for a blow.

I want to make some cookies today as I have my youngest DGD Holly and her b/f tom coming tonight for a visit She couldn't come last night as I was out at youngest DDs so she is popping round tonight.I only had a quick five minutes with her yesterday as we were both in transit to other places :)
    No food shopping to buy this week as I have more than enough to keep me going over the weekend .DD made a lovely birthday cake so the boys and I will have some more after school this afternoon I left it at Dds house for that purpose :)

Right must get a wriggle on as lots to do today ,Have a good day chums and keep warm and wrapped up if you go out

JackieO xxx
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all :wave:
    Sorry I didn't post yesterday but I didn't feel up to it . ( haven't even had the energy to get dressed for 3 days ! ). This cough took a hold and wouldn't let go. Mr Fix It said I was as white as a Geisha girl, I felt like I was on my way out ! Anyway this morning my dry cough has broken, so I should be on the mend now. However I still have a chesty cough and very little voice. DGD was coming for a sleepover tomorrow but I will have to ask DD to change to the following week if possible. I don't like disappointing DGD but I would be unable to play without coughing and that's not good.
    I have put the WM on just to wash my sweaty Pjs etc and later I will supervise Mr Fix It, from the distance of the sofa, who has decided to make a beef casserole for tea.
    I have been reading along but the only bit of information that I can recall is that Dumpling is having a Westie. That's because I had one for passing my 11+, he was called Snowy.
    Hope everyone has a good Thursday, stay safe and warm. Hugs
    nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone

Nannywindow hope you feel better soon.
    It's not as cold here and its raining now.DGS had a good sleep last night and woke just after 7.He was really excited because his Nursery class were doing an assembly this morning for their grown ups so no problem getting him dressed today.
    Luckily DS was able to leave the job they are on leaving DH to hold the fort.The theme was nursery rhymes & we could look at their 'learning journals' after too.The staff had organised coffee and cakes so it was a lovely social occasion.His Mummy (DS ex ) and other Grandad were there too and DGS wanted Mummy & Daddy to sit together :).Luckily we all get on with each other (,they just weren't very good at living together ) so DGS was thrilled to see us all sat there :D He's back here to stay overnight tomorrow..

I keep trying to tidy the house as our friends are coming up on Sat night.Currently sweeping up all the beads and buttons the DGC used in their craft session last night,oh and I must clean the windows as they seem rather gluey this morning :eek: Not quite sure how that got there.!
    I'm making chunky beef soup for tea, nice and warming in this weather.
    Wrap up and take care x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    LW can't Mr LW sleep on the sofa if he's causing your loss of sleep? xx
    No, if anyone sleeps on the sofa, it'll be me. Part of the problem with Mr LW is he fidgets a lot - to the extent that he often hits or kicks me (he doesn't know he's doing it as he's fast asleep) and has fallen out of bed on a number of occasions. So I am 100% certain that if he slept on the sofa, he'd be on the floor before the night was out. I am used to sleeping on about 6 inches of bed, right at the edge, so it is no problem for me to use the sofa.

Anyways, I didn't do it last night - he seemed a tad out of sorts, so I didn't want to do something I knew would upset him. But as a consequence of course, I got less than 2 hours sleep again. :( So tonight, I think I may well have to resort to the sofa, as I really think I am seriously sleep-deprived now.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    But would he hurt himself if he fell out of sofa? And I worry about whether a sofa is suitable for you sleep on, regardless of whether you are used to being in a small bit of bed :o xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    You have my sympathy LW, I too sleep in a small wedge of the bed as my beloved sleeps like a starfish.
    Chin up, Titus out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport