PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

New Build - Paid SUBSTANTIALLY more than neighbour

Options

Comments

• PokerPlayer111
    Options
    This sucks i'd be pretty !!!!ed but you are alive so can make the money back elsewhere.

Defo in future offer on the low side for property, you have to protect your finances.
  • theartfullodger
    Options
    DJP1987 wrote: »
    ...........Is there anything I can do on this, ..............
    Congratulate your neighbour on their good fortune. If you had thought the price you were buying at was OK then fine.

Or they could be winding you up: 'tis a game played, often of 'planes (.. my ticket was so cheap...) or on holiday (... we got this amazingly cheap deal.... family of 5 for £3:27!..)
  • ReadingTim
    ReadingTim Posts: 3,970 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Get used to the feeling mate - you'll be just as hacked off when someone else sells for more than you too....
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Near where i live (Reading) second tranches of houses are soemtimes going for lower, because they are finding it harder to shift houses. Bricklayers are being laid off / put on reduced hours.

So this is apparently according to local mutterings on social media, a fairly common experience.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ReadingTim wrote: »
    Get used to the feeling mate - you'll be just as hacked off when someone else sells for more than you too....

What are the chances of that happening though? :rotfl:
  • Crashy_Time
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    It's a bit like talking to the guy in the seat next to you on a Ryanair flight...

Simple answer is that if you'd waited until the developer got desperate to shift the last few plots, you may have found there were none left. You got in early, you got the full choice.

No it isn`t, it is 30k, and as rates rise he is paying interest on it, the sooner debt is priced at sensible rates again the sooner people will stop thinking that getting into a few 100k debt is like buying a fish supper up the road, and hopefully more over-charging developers will start going bust :)
  • ReadingTim
    ReadingTim Posts: 3,970 Forumite
    Options
    What are the chances of that happening though? :rotfl:

How many years have you been saying that now Crashy? And have any of your hopes and dreams come true? Thought not.
  • Crashy_Time
    Options
    ReadingTim wrote: »
    How many years have you been saying that now Crashy? And have any of your hopes and dreams come true? Thought not.

Not sure how that explains the 30k drop in the OP`s street?
  • phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you look at the whole street of identical houses, I can pretty much guarantee that each one sold for a different price. That is how new house sales work.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure how that explains the 30k drop in the OP`s street?
    I thought it was a 30k rise? i.e. the neighbour bought before him?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure