London & Country (L & C)

Options
Hi

Can anybody share their experiences with getting a mortgage from these guys please?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Mortgage_Adviser
    Options
    Although I may be seemed biaised as I am a broker myself now before I became a brokeer I have arranged a mortgage through them myself.

I was genenrally happy with an adviser and the advise given but not so much with an admin peson who was really bad in responding to my queries.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Can anybody share their experiences with getting a mortgage from these guys please?

Only going by forum posts over the years. If your case is simple and you dont need hand holding then their factory line service works perfectly fine. If your case is complicated or need hand holding or the case hits snags, then you tend to see posts criticising how they deal with them. That goes for most factory line style methods of distribution.

They are doing nothing that your local brokers cannot do. Have you considered supporting your local economy?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Filo25
    Filo25 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 January 2018 at 5:32PM
    Options
    They were fine with me, I certainly couldn't find a better deal meeting my criteria myself, but it was a relatively simple FTB mortgage.

If that matches your needs then I would say its a good way of saving a mortgage arrangement fee with another broker, if you have a more complex case then personally I wouldn't risk it from what others have said
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am a broker myself now

If this is the case, it should say so in your signature, as per the Forum rules.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • LandCmortgages
    LandCmortgages Posts: 11 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hello Sunflowers123, we're glad to see that you're researching us for yourself on this forum. Is there anything in particular that you'd like to know? Thanks L&C
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of L&C Mortgages . MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • RitaLuck33
    Options
    Made contact with this company in July after checking advice given in MoneySaving Expert's Remortgage Guide recommending London and Country.

Had a short conversation with an advisor who asked me to send some information. After sending the requested information, I heard nothing further. Sent another email chasing a response, Was informed that the advisor had been off sick. However he promised to forward my information onto the company's credit repair team. I was informed that it may be 7 days or so before I could expect a response. Heard nothing for over 3 weeks. Emailed again and asked whether L&C wanted my business and still heard nothing further.

Really disappointed as MoneySaving Expert has recommended this company highly. Needless to say, I am now looking for a more reliable broker.
  • David_White
    Options
    Stack 'em high sell 'em cheap.

They don't charge a fee so based on info given by my clients who have come from there they're not so helpful if you've got anything but a vanilla case.
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Made contact with this company in July after checking advice given in MoneySaving Expert's Remortgage Guide recommending London and Country.

MSE will only recommend companies that have the capacity to handle any recommendation that MSE makes. So, they will never recommend small local firms that offer better-personalised service.

So, you see MSE mentioning the factory line services. These are usually fine for simple cases. However, if yours is pushing limits or self-employed/directors etc then a local broker will likely be better.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • alk29
    alk29 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We had no problems with them during the mortgage set up. Was quite simple and all went smoothly

The only thing to be careful of was that when our promotional rate came to an end they got back in touch to try and sell us alternative "deals"

The alternative options all came with a big list of new payment figures etc but there was nothing about what the rate on our original mortgage would be. When I asked L&C said they didn't know what my payments would change to.

I found that a bit odd as they seemed to have retained all the mortgage details except for that one key point. After checking it turned out that everything that was offered as a new deal was at a higher interest rate than staying with my initial provider.

So overall my experience of the initial mortgage was fine but would I use them again based on my total experience, No.
  • ritz55
    ritz55 Posts: 173 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I contact L&C last week with regards to a mortgage and was very quickly told they couldn't help with my situation. After that spoke to a local broker and immediately he had options availble and DIP received from a lender. So does seem L&C seem to be going for the straight forward cases only.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback