PPI enquiry to PPI complaint (Lloyds)

Options
Hi there,

I submitted an online 'PPI enquiry' to Lloyds, to try to establish whether I've ever had PPI with them (banking and credit card relationships 1989-2016).

I received a text saying 'thank you for your PPI complaint. We'll communicate with you via SMS during the course of your complaint...' etc. Then I received a letter and a complaint form to complete and submit.

Does this indicate that I did indeed have some form of PPI with Lloyds? Or is it their standard procedure to ask for details rather than doing an initial check?

Many thanks :)

Comments

• dats
    dats Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah yes. I had hoped to avoid this kind of response, but point taken. Amazing these types of fora are so successful and popular with idiots like me asking stupid questions in inappropriate places. Or perhaps not so amazing at all.

:-)
  • dats
    Options
    I wasn't asking you if I had PPI, I was asking if anyone had previous experience of the Lloyds PPI enquiry process and whether they treat an enquiry as a complaint as a matter of course.

I know it wasn't an inappropriate question, I was being facetious.

I thought my post through, carefully. I tried to use the 'right' terminology that I have seen so many be corrected on, eg complaint not claim, being clear it was an enquiry and being as specific and brief as I could, with zero assumptions made. My title was as helpful as I could make it. I did research before. There are personal reasons I cannot contact the bank by telephone. I have been unable to uncover an email address to contact them. Yes, I could write them a letter. You're right. I don't know why I was thinking I could prevail upon a large community of users who may be able to answer a straightforward question with a straightforward answer, or if not, simply scroll past.
  • dats
    Options
    ...and now you've edited your original response! I am 'holding off' about making a complaint, thank you. And until I know more about any potential PPI I may have had, I don't know what 'complaint' I may have as it could depend on different factors.
  • dats
    Options
    Great, so now it looks as though I am talking to myself! Is that preferable to the deleted responses, I wonder..?

If anyone has direct experience or knowledge that would help with my initial query, I'd be grateful. If not, thanks for reading and have a nice day!
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They thought you complained about it so they started an investigation, It doesn't mean you had, it means they are obliged to check,
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • dats
    Options
    Possibly, but there are two forms on their website and I submitted the PPI enquiry form, as opposed to the PPI complaint one.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    People make mistakes.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • foxandsot
    Options
    dats wrote: »
    Possibly, but there are two forms on their website and I submitted the PPI enquiry form, as opposed to the PPI complaint one.
    Hello

I did the same as you...completed their 'Have I got PPI' online form and was sent a complaint form. Confused me too as I still wasn't sure if I had it or not. I completed the form with literally the account numbers they referenced in the letter. I then received a call a few days ago to ask a few questions about one loan that they said had PPI. I am now waiting to hear whether they feel I was missold it. Don't know if that helps you or not??
  • Charmars
    Options
    dats wrote: »
    Hi there,

I submitted an online 'PPI enquiry' to Lloyds, to try to establish whether I've ever had PPI with them (banking and credit card relationships 1989-2016).

I received a text saying 'thank you for your PPI complaint. We'll communicate with you via SMS during the course of your complaint...' etc. Then I received a letter and a complaint form to complete and submit.

Does this indicate that I did indeed have some form of PPI with Lloyds? Or is it their standard procedure to ask for details rather than doing an initial check?

Many thanks :)

So glad you asked this! Same has happened to us! Just enquirying if we had it (we do remember being told it was compulsory but still wanted to check) and we got the same text!! We don’t know whether the 8 weeks has started, or what this means as we haven’t heard a thing and haven’t submitted a formal complaint! Strange!!
  • Batucada
    Options
    Same has happened to us. Just had telephone conversation with them and awaiting more forms!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure