IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ukpc ticket, Update

fazkhal
fazkhal Posts: 10 Forumite
Got a ticket on the 20/01/2018 at 21.09 in a retail park.
Fine of £100, £60 if paid within 2 weeks,
Reason : Not parked correctly within the markings of the bay or space.
Evidence: 7 pictures showing the ticket on the windscreen, license plate, car parked not in a bay and picture of parking restrictions sign.
I've read the newbies post, so to my understanding I need to use the blue template and appeal online around 26 days after I received the pcn So that would be the 15/02/2018? or some threads advise just to ignore all correspondence?

Any advice and comments on how to fight this are much appreciated.

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Don’t ignore it. Send the template off close to the time. It won’t hurt to send it early just as long as it isn’t late.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    fazkhal wrote: »
    or some threads advise just to ignore all correspondence?
    Must be very old ones you have read.

Ignore has not been advised here since 2012!!
  • fazkhal
    Thank you, and yes the threads I read that advised to ignore were dated before 2010.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Don't take too much notice of any threads more than a year old!!
  • fazkhal
    So from what I gather, after the first appeal comes the POPLA stage where again you use a template to appeal. I think also at this point I'm hoping ukpc forgets to send the NTK.

So if they do send the NTK and the POPLA appeal fails, after this point should I ignore correspondence?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    A good POPLA appeal rarely fails. Concentrate on getting that right rather than what ifs.
  • fazkhal
    Update: 22/03/2017

I received an e-mail reply to my appeal as follows:

(Dear Mr ***** , Thank you for your recent correspondence in relation to the above parking charge. In order to make a final decision regarding your appeal, please provide the drivers details and serviceable address to our Appeals Department within fourteen days of the date of this letter. Failure to provide this information will give us no alternative other than to make our final decision based on the previous information received. At this stage a POPLA verification code will be provided. Further correspondence can be sent by visiting our website at ***** or by post to the address overleaf. Please ensure that if sending evidence by post that you include the parking charge reference number and vehicle registration. The parking charge has been on hold whilst under appeal and may be settled in full at the reduced rate of £60.

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER. UKPC REGULARLY TAKES MOTORISTS TO COURT WHO IGNORE THEIR PARKING CHARGES. PLEASE SEE: ****** FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.

Yours faithfully, Appeals Department UK Parking Control Limited )

I was expecting a POPLA code, so I'm not sure what to do from here?

Any advice is much appreciated.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,155
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You ignore their fishing attempt and wait for your PoPLA code.

Take pics if the entrance and signage at the site in advance if possible.

Once you have your code, create your draft appeal using all the template points available to you from post 3 of the NEWBIES, then post it here for checking.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • fazkhal
    Many thanks, Also does this email count as the Notice to Keeper?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure