IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Care parking fine. Should i just ignore them until they get bored?

Options
I just got a letter through for parking on range sthelens £100 parking charge from care parking for parking early December. Should i just ignore them until they get bored?
£100 is excessive.

I didn't use the shop but always thought it was free parking for 2 hours. I was only 45 minutes.

I've learned from reading its only for patrons but they keep this writing tiny on their sign.

This is a scam and i don't want to pay. Are they likely to get bored if i just ignore them? I read they don't do court as its costly for them. Is this true?

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in

Ignoring is not advised!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Should i just ignore them until they get bored?

Sounds like a plan. No evidence that the Range have allowed Care the authority to take action in their own name nor are there any court claims to support the view Care have. So ignore would be an approach.

You will get the alternative view that you should appeal, get a POPLA code and kill it a POPLA - but that is up to you.

You'll also get a suggestion to read the Newbies thread and get completely confused in there.
  • Jonboy123
    Options
    Lol thanks. I did read the newbie thread and did get even more confused.

A family member ignored them and hasn't heard anything for years.

My feeling is if i interact with them then they've got me biting and it will encourage them.

£100 quid for parking !!!!!!.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What happened when you complained to the manager at the Range? A landowner cancellation is always the best way to get this killed off.

Ignoring might mean you end up defending in a small claims court. That will depend on the parking company. They have six years to try court, so you take your chance if you don't do anything now, especially if you move home and don't tell the PPC.

Most people who come here just want it to go away by the easiest means. This involves following the advice in the NEWBIES thread. It also means not revealing the driver's identity so I would advise you to edit your initial post, only ever referring to The Driver and The Keeper.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • claxtome
    claxtome Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 19 January 2018 at 4:49AM
    Options
    Care Park (UK) is a very new IPC AOS member though suspect they have just moved from being a BPA member:
    http://www.bmpa.eu/company_guide_0_to_c.html

If you do ignore then bear in mind though if they do decide to take you take you to court showing evidence of appealing counts in your favour.

If it was me I would try what Fruitcake suggested and try and get a land owner cancellation so it didn't hang over me for the next 6 years.

Please re-edit your opening post to remove anything that you don't want the parking company to know. ;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Care Park (UK) is a very new IPC AOS member though suspect they have just moved from being a BPA member:
    http://www.bmpa.eu/company_guide_0_to_c.html

Just spotted that. How confusing.

But the one in the Range is the BPA one - also known as Anchor Security

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/BPA-Approved-Operators
  • Chandmoon
    Options
    Any update on this ticket?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Chandmoon wrote: »

The last time the OP visited the forum was almost 18 months ago. He’s unlikely to see this, so you’re not likely to get any response.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chandmoon wrote: »

yes its faded now
  • Rdoe43
    Rdoe43 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I've read this and I can't find anything to say about what I'm about to ask. I too have got a ticket but it says on my ticket that I can view the pics on their Web site. Am I OK to look at these before I follow the procedure that I've read.??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure