BT Contract Dates? Where to look

Options
Can anyone tell me where I can find my Contract dates with BT?

I have standard Broadband and phone with them but as I have been with them for some years I have no idea when my Contract ends.
I have looked in My Billing and Accounts etc but there are no dates to be found
I want to change provider and would prefer not to contact them but it looks like I will have no option

Comments

• diane***
    Options
    if you go online and look at your account your details and package details will be on there.
  • moonpenny
    moonpenny Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    diane*** wrote: »
    if you go online and look at your account your details and package details will be on there.

I have done that as explained in my post and there are no dates.
    I have looked at every possible section of my account and there is nothing.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Some years ?
    Does that mean you have not renewed your contract .
    If so and you are not in contract you are now on a 30 day rolling contract .
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nothing under "Track your order" ?
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've never found anything. I think BT try their best to not tell you. I now make an entry in my diary to remind me.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    giraffe69 wrote: »
    I've never found anything. I think BT try their best to not tell you. I now make an entry in my diary to remind me.

I don't know about BT but Sky don't put any dates in the account section either.

As said above, it looks like the OP is on a rolling monthly contract anyway.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    molerat wrote: »

This.

Mine is listed there. A strange place to put it, (probably deliberately so!) but it will say if you are still in a minimum term and if so what day it commenced and the monthly period.
  • moonpenny
    Options
    molerat wrote: »

Clicking on "track your order" it says " no orders to track"
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OP, if there are no orders, and you have been with them for years, then it sounds like you are 'out of contract' I.e. you can leave penalty free, although you are in a rolling contract as stated above. In that case, do your shopping around, find a new supplier, and the new ISP will sort the change over for you so no need to contact BT.
    I would recommend PlusNet (although they are part of BT but I've had good experience with them). I'm only leaving PlusNet this month as we need the higher BB speeds from Virgin cable.
  • moonpenny
    Options
    OP, if there are no orders, and you have been with them for years, then it sounds like you are 'out of contract' I.e. you can leave penalty free, although you are in a rolling contract as stated above. In that case, do your shopping around, find a new supplier, and the new ISP will sort the change over for you so no need to contact BT.
    I would recommend PlusNet (although they are part of BT but I've had good experience with them). I'm only leaving PlusNet this month as we need the higher BB speeds from Virgin cable.

Thank you. It was Plusnet I was thinking of going with. Is it just as easy to go straight to my new provider to switch or let someone like "uswitch" to do it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure