Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • swingaloo
    • By swingaloo 6th Jan 18, 1:33 PM
    • 1,827Posts
    • 3,298Thanks
    swingaloo
    What could he be up to?
    • 6th Jan 18, 1:33 PM
    What could he be up to? 6th Jan 18 at 1:33 PM
    Asking on behalf of my friend. She is divorced and is still living in the family home with the 3 children as agreed by a court order at the time of the divorce.

The father does not see the children who are now all in their early teens. He has almost no contact with my friend either.

Recently he sent a message asking her to let him have a photocopy of a utility bill showing her name for the address of the family home.

He has also asked for copies of the children's birth certificates and passports.

When asked why he needed these things he said it was for 'a check his company needed to make for his job'????? He has been in the job for three and a half years.

She isn't going to provide them to him as it seems a very odd thing for his company to need.

Any ideas what he could be up to to need this kind of info?
Page 3
    • barbiedoll
    • By barbiedoll 10th Jan 18, 5:57 PM
    • 4,895 Posts
    • 13,443 Thanks
    barbiedoll
    He may not want to leave an inheritance for his children but is there anyone else in his family who may have done so? (Grandparents maybe?)

It could explain why he needs the passports and birth certificate copies. Especially if he’s thinking of collecting it so that his first family won’t benefit. Could also maybe explain why he needs a copy of a utility bill with the children’s address and the name of their mother?

My (half) sister had a small inheritance from her paternal grandparents. Despite her father knowing where she lived, he made no attempt to let her know and would have been quite happy to take it from her. His brother-in-law actually tracked my sister down, so she did finally get her money and she had to go to a solicitors office with proof of I.D. to get a cheque.
    "I may be many things but not being indiscreet isn't one of them"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

217Posts Today

2,363Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin