Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CurryCee
    • By CurryCee 31st Dec 17, 11:46 AM
    • 30Posts
    • 5Thanks
    CurryCee
    Building a Score
    • 31st Dec 17, 11:46 AM
    Building a Score 31st Dec 17 at 11:46 AM
    Hey guys,

I've had my one credit card since Summer 2016, and purposely set my credit limit very low at 1k to test the waters.

Currently, the only two negatives on my Clearscore report are that the credit card limit is low, and my credit card % utilisation is relatively high.

To me, increasing my credit limit seems like a simple fix to improve my score, but I know that increasing a credit limit could be seen as a negative, especially if my current utilisation is high (albeit the balance is cleared in full each month).

I'm hoping to increase my score to move to a rewards credit/charge card, as my current credit card offers me nothing.

Can anyone greenlight my thinking?

Cheers!
Page 2
    • zx81
    • By zx81 9th Jan 18, 4:11 PM
    • 16,429 Posts
    • 17,487 Thanks
    zx81
    Then I'd suggest it's time to see what happens if you apply for a decent card.

Try someone generic and mainstream, like Barclaycard or Cap One.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

382Posts Today

6,358Users online

Martin's Twitter