IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CPM PCN at IAS stage

Options
Hi,

You successfully helped me get a PCN cancelled a few months ago so I'm hoping you can help me again. The situation is different as I dealt with a BPA member last time and this time it's an IPC member (CPM or Car Park Management).

I followed all the instructions from the start and already appealed (by post as CPM don't have an online process). My appeal got rejected on the basis that my car was parked where it shouldn't have been (in a residential car park for a few minutes) and that they are under no obligation to provide the info I requested. They have images of my vehicle so that's it. It looks like those were taken by an angry resident and sent to them.

I read that I shouldn't appeal to the IAS and instead complain to the landowner, however all the success stories I've read on the forum are about shops and supermarkets, not properties, and CPM doesn't appear in the long list of parking management companies that have previously agreed to cancel PCNs.

My question is, should I still contact the landowner? The driver didn't know that he couldn't park there, so I don't think I have a very strong case against them. Also the rejection letter I received mentions an impact on my ability to obtain credit in the future, which is obviously quite scary!

Thank you for your advice.

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Also the rejection letter I received mentions an impact on my ability to obtain credit in the future, which is obviously quite scary!
    Don’t believe what that says. The only way credit rating is affected is if it goes to court, you lose, costs are awarded against you and you fail/refuse to pay them within the timescale directed by the judge. Then the PPC can apply for the enforcement and your credit file is annotated. All within your ultimate control.

Not much more you can do now, but come back if the PPC (or their solicitors - likely Gladstones) issue a LBC or MCOL proceedings. The forum can help with dealing with these (see the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 if you want to do some advance reading).
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 December 2017 at 9:47PM
    Options
    CPM are parking scammers/cowboys.

IPC is currently the biggest UK scam, invented by
    the incompetent Gladstones Solicitors.

No point in wasting your time with scammers

Just wait to see how this scam develops

Probably idiotic debt collectors trying to scam you
    WHICH YOU IGNORE

Just see what CPM do, it will probably be via the
    very incompetent Gladstones Solicitors who are a joke

Come back here for more help

Some bed time reading about the joke CPM
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=cpm
  • Tristanito
    Tristanito Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,
    So this is it, first letter from Gladstones informing me that if I do not pay within 14 days, I need to keep their client and their agents (DRP) updated as to my current address to "ensure that my ability to defend such action is protected".
    Your help and advice with this matter would be as always much appreciated!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    IGNORE drp but definitely ensure that these people have a current serviceable address

come back if you get a formal LBC or an MCOL

see post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread for details

post #4 deals with debt collector letters

the PPC has 6 years to try a court claim
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 11 May 2018 at 9:27PM
    Options
    first letter from Gladstones informing me that if I do not pay within 14 days, I need to keep their client and their agents (DRP) updated as to my current address to "ensure that my ability to defend such action is protected".
    So, now they are trying to paint a picture to make it the consumer's fault if they file claims to old addresses. Despicable industry and shameful robo-claim solicitors.

I hope they are proud of how they use their law degrees.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Tristanito
    Tristanito Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    IGNORE drp but definitely ensure that these people have a current serviceable address

So I'm assuming there's no action required until the day we move to a new address? Or do I still need to confirm my current address to DRP now?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just tell them when you move.
  • Tristanito
    Options
    Hi all,
    So I've ignored quite a few threatening letters from Gladstones and a new one came tonight, from the County Court Business Centre, entitled "Claim Form" (8 pages that they want me to fill in), asking me to pay the amount + interest.
    Should I just continue to ignore?
    Thanks
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    No do not ignore it. That sounds like a genuine claim form. You need to start formulating a defence as they are suing you.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    Options
    Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 for everything you want to know, and need to do, to fight this through the courts.

Ignoring it will result in an automatic default judgment against you, now it's in the court system. Credit trashing potential.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport