Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tristanito
    • By Tristanito 28th Dec 17, 6:19 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 12Thanks
    Tristanito
    CPM PCN at IAS stage
    • 28th Dec 17, 6:19 PM
    CPM PCN at IAS stage 28th Dec 17 at 6:19 PM
    Hi,

You successfully helped me get a PCN cancelled a few months ago so I'm hoping you can help me again. The situation is different as I dealt with a BPA member last time and this time it's an IPC member (CPM or Car Park Management).

I followed all the instructions from the start and already appealed (by post as CPM don't have an online process). My appeal got rejected on the basis that my car was parked where it shouldn't have been (in a residential car park for a few minutes) and that they are under no obligation to provide the info I requested. They have images of my vehicle so that's it. It looks like those were taken by an angry resident and sent to them.

I read that I shouldn't appeal to the IAS and instead complain to the landowner, however all the success stories I've read on the forum are about shops and supermarkets, not properties, and CPM doesn't appear in the long list of parking management companies that have previously agreed to cancel PCNs.

My question is, should I still contact the landowner? The driver didn't know that he couldn't park there, so I don't think I have a very strong case against them. Also the rejection letter I received mentions an impact on my ability to obtain credit in the future, which is obviously quite scary!

Thank you for your advice.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 28th Dec 17, 6:30 PM
    • 17,577 Posts
    • 27,789 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 28th Dec 17, 6:30 PM
    • 28th Dec 17, 6:30 PM
    Also the rejection letter I received mentions an impact on my ability to obtain credit in the future, which is obviously quite scary!
    Don!!!8217;t believe what that says. The only way credit rating is affected is if it goes to court, you lose, costs are awarded against you and you fail/refuse to pay them within the timescale directed by the judge. Then the PPC can apply for the enforcement and your credit file is annotated. All within your ultimate control.

Not much more you can do now, but come back if the PPC (or their solicitors - likely Gladstones) issue a LBC or MCOL proceedings. The forum can help with dealing with these (see the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 if you want to do some advance reading).
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 28th Dec 17, 8:42 PM
    • 7,340 Posts
    • 9,780 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 28th Dec 17, 8:42 PM
    • 28th Dec 17, 8:42 PM
    CPM are parking scammers/cowboys.

IPC is currently the biggest UK scam, invented by
    the incompetent Gladstones Solicitors.

No point in wasting your time with scammers

Just wait to see how this scam develops

Probably idiotic debt collectors trying to scam you
    WHICH YOU IGNORE

Just see what CPM do, it will probably be via the
    very incompetent Gladstones Solicitors who are a joke

Come back here for more help

Some bed time reading about the joke CPM
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=cpm
    Last edited by beamerguy; 28-12-2017 at 8:47 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Tristanito
    • By Tristanito 11th May 18, 7:49 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Tristanito
    • 11th May 18, 7:49 PM
    • 11th May 18, 7:49 PM
    Hi all,
    So this is it, first letter from Gladstones informing me that if I do not pay within 14 days, I need to keep their client and their agents (DRP) updated as to my current address to "ensure that my ability to defend such action is protected".
    Your help and advice with this matter would be as always much appreciated!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th May 18, 8:01 PM
    • 18,115 Posts
    • 22,902 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th May 18, 8:01 PM
    • 11th May 18, 8:01 PM
    IGNORE drp but definitely ensure that these people have a current serviceable address

come back if you get a formal LBC or an MCOL

see post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread for details

post #4 deals with debt collector letters

the PPC has 6 years to try a court claim
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 8:44 PM
    • 57,449 Posts
    • 71,044 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th May 18, 8:44 PM
    • 11th May 18, 8:44 PM
    first letter from Gladstones informing me that if I do not pay within 14 days, I need to keep their client and their agents (DRP) updated as to my current address to "ensure that my ability to defend such action is protected".
    So, now they are trying to paint a picture to make it the consumer's fault if they file claims to old addresses. Despicable industry and shameful robo-claim solicitors.

I hope they are proud of how they use their law degrees.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 11-05-2018 at 9:27 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Tristanito
    • By Tristanito 12th May 18, 12:32 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Tristanito
    • 12th May 18, 12:32 PM
    • 12th May 18, 12:32 PM
    IGNORE drp but definitely ensure that these people have a current serviceable address
    Originally posted by Redx
    So I'm assuming there's no action required until the day we move to a new address? Or do I still need to confirm my current address to DRP now?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th May 18, 1:48 PM
    • 7,206 Posts
    • 6,684 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 12th May 18, 1:48 PM
    • 12th May 18, 1:48 PM
    Just tell them when you move.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,178Posts Today

8,587Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin